Quick Shifter Installed R3 GT

My TFC came with the TQS on it from the factory I believe. Your description does not sound like my experience. The shift is always super fast regardless of how hard you on on the throttle. I’d have the dealer go thru the steps again to assure a proper installation. I would try to be delicate and polite to inspire them to do good work for you. I’d ask to talk to the tech directly and share with him your concerns.
Agreed. Upshifts under power are smooth and fast. The more power the better. I upshifter at WOT all the time and it's lightning fast, the slowest part is just me physically actuating the shift lever.

Agreed. Upshifts under power are smooth and fast. The more power the better. I upshifter at WOT all the time and it's lightning fast, the slowest part is just me physically actuating the shift lever.
Yep that's my experience. If I had one negative thing to say I's say the rev matched down shift sometimes could use a bit more rpm. I think I feel a little sudden engine brake going into a corner.

Last edited:
Does anyone who installed a quick shifter want to sell me their old mid shifter? :)

Um you can install the quick shifter on the mid shifter. Or the forward shifter. Or am i misunderstanding the question?
I read somewhere that triumph updated their quick shift kit so you have to get new shifters and can’t reuse your old shifter? Can’t remember where I read it.

I read somewhere that triumph updated their quick shift kit so you have to get new shifters and can’t reuse your old shifter? Can’t remember where I read it.
I dont think that is true, but now doubt some of the brains on here will correct us both.

That is correct. You have to order a new shifter for either the forward or the mid-controls. It is only about $50 so not too bad. The only different between the original and the ordered shifter is the rod end connector. I believe if you can get the rod end that fits the TSA module, you could actually
use the original shifter.

Last edited:
I ordered my quick-shifter with the bike but only received it later due to stock shortages. I installed it myself, and upon noticing the R versus GT setup instruction variables, I arranged with my dealer that I would attend that specifically when I would bring it in. Ten minutes on the dealer tool, I did the adaptation ride myself, and it is worth the expense many times over. You will not regret it - neither will your Rocket.
Did the adaptation ride require the diagnostic tool to be hooked up?

Had mine installed a few weeks ago. Shifting at or above 2k RPM’s while accelerating is smooth and extraordinarily quick. Down shift coming to a stop light with throttle open is smooth too. It rev matches and then goes back to my current throttle position… The Technician took a lot of time explaining how it works and how to use it…. Even showed me how to disable it… If done properly, this is the best investment…. I love the idea of downshifting to red lights without eating up the clutch…. And it rev matches on its own…. I may be using it wrong, but the Technician told me to keep the throttle steady and the computer will rev match…. So far it’s work brilliantly…. In the time it takes me to shift into 2nd manually, using TSA would have me hitting 4th gear; while pulling away from an intersection. Very satisfying experience….

Back