Quick Shifter Installed R3 GT

I just did as well. It's not quite what I expected. I expected it to be more like the paddles on my Goldwing DCT where you can shift whenever you want to. However, for me to shift you still have to manipulate the throttle back a bit just like if you were using the clutch. It also won't shift if you are not giving it any gas at all. Maybe that's normal for easy/quick shifters but it will take a little getting used to for me.
Is this easy to install yourself? or is dealer required?

Ordered the parts, so I guess I will find out :)
So after parts are on the way, I go to Triumph Instructions.com and find that after installation you are to use the "Triumph diagnostic tool" to "enable TSA", and then "Adjust Shift Force sensor shift pattern" for either forward or rear mounted controls. I guess I will nee the "tool" for this? Does anybody know options? Or were to buy the tool?

Update, had dealer install Easy Shift. I am loving it so far. If it weren't for the Cruise Control tuning off on a gear shift, I could ride all day with no hands :) Very cool to shift gears with no clutch at WOT. I highly recommend it

A priori I am against a shifter as I feel more "sport like" to use the clutch instead (but I've never tested a shifter). besides I guess that the more the engine depends on electronics such as the shifter', the riskier of problems may be...
HOWEVER when I read the above and listen to the riders who join me with their bikes with a shifter (such as one with a xDiavel who loves it so much that he "can't" understand why I did not get one for my R3R), I am getting more and more curious.
The good thing is that I find out that a shifter can always be added later on. Would also ask for the dealer mechanic opinion.

Bottom line : would my R3R with a shifter result systematically with more excitement and only advantages or also with some disadvantages ?

@ RedLBB

Je suis un peu comme toi Jean, je ne comprends pas l'utilité de ce système sur ce genre de moto.
Je trouve que c'est plutôt réservé aux moto de course, et pour moi c'est un réel plaisir de passer les vitesses sans shifter.
J'ai roulé avec le R3 shifter à l'essai, je ne suis pas convaincu du tout.

Back