Quick release pannier photos or installed

phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
Hi all I am after some pictures of the quick release brackets mounted on the Rocket and the triumph pannier bags and frames.

I have brought a set from some blokes cave but want to be doubley sure that I an able to use the pannier frames with the quick release system together.

Any pictures would be great.

Another way Chris is what alot of captains have done and that is mark the saddle bag where the 2 cap screws bolt to the guard and drill them so you can undo them from inside the bag without having to undo all the small mounting bolts first to get to the cap screws.....abit of plumbers tape over the holes kept all the grime out of the saddle bag

Screenshot_20190127_104836.png
Screenshot_20190126_093534.png
Screenshot_20190126_141405.png
Screenshot_20190126_141420.png

Got these on today but had to ditch the quick release brackets as Sat to low on the exhaust.

Looking at getting some Heat shield to fit to the underside of pannier to protect it!

Last edited:
Screenshot_20190127_165048.png
Screenshot_20190127_165117.png

Right now I'm confused.

I don't have the quick release on the bike.

Bags are on and look great but looking at the top picture the pipes only go 3/4 of the way down the bags.

Steel frame for the support of the bag is sitting on the edge / end of pipe.

Do I ride it like that or do I lower the pipe by 20mm which I think would be easier than doing @ozrider cutting support framing and welding to quick release brackets.

Do not ride with them like that (even with a solid or foil heat shield), you will cook them. It is too close to muffler and especially as hot gases hit directly underneath pannier. NOT GOOD! Consult @Paul Bryant

Quick disconnect EZ Brackets with and without bags. I sold my standard bags and got a more sturdy after market bags. The came with buckles that I cut off because I got tired of fussing with them whenever I wanted to get into the bags. I liked the quick disconnect because I could remove the bags for local rides. With
012 (1408 x 1056).jpg

Hood Canal2.JPG

With the quick disconnect mounts like EZ Brackets, one can still use the stock bags but just move them up and redrill them.

Right now I'm confused.
Dont be getting confused Brutha...
They look like they need to come up a couple of inches and if they can't then swap them out.There will be something that works with them.
Check these out...they will fit with those pipes you have..

b11680_12 (1).jpg

b11680_8.jpg

Theres more too....

Available through Thunderbike NZ are these high quality saddlebag kits from Cs & V. Each kit comes complete with saddlebags and lockable quick release brackets for easy mounting and removal of the panniers from your Rocket.

Saddlebags:
Each Saddlebag features pvc reinforced flaps, sides, front and bottom and all the corners are reinforced too so no disfigured bags in a few months time! The backs of all the bags are rigid HDPE laminate which allows for the mounting of the quick release bracket system. The Flaps are held closed with traditional rust free buckles and a hidden quick release buckle underneath. The tops of the bags also feature a discreet sliding handle for easy carrying.

These panniers are available in split leather or full grain leather. What is the difference?
The "split" is the underside of the hide. Most saddlebags on the market are made of this leather and it is a good material. However this leather is not quite as strong as grain leather and it is more difficult to make it water proof or water resistant.

Full grain leather - The strongest and most durable part of the hide of an animal is just below the hair. The grain pattern in this part of the hide is very tight, and the leather made from here is called full-grain leather. Full-grain leather is the strongest and most durable leather.

The sets come in split leather as standard (unless stated otherwise). If you would like to upgrade to full grain leather you can select the full grain leather option in the form below.

Whichever you choose, to keep it's condition leather must be cared for, cleaned and conditioned!

Customisation:
All bags can be customised with one or all of these options:

• Lid locks
  • Alutech Construction - for an even more rigid bag.
  • Studded Finish
  • Antique Brown Leather

Note: Prices for the customisation options are at the bottom of form below.
If your bike has a Triumph quick release or hard mount sissy bar fitted you will also need the additional hardware kit listed below.

Mounting:
Each kit comes with a set of lockable quick release mounting brackets which mount on the back of the saddlebag and mounting bobbins which attach at the fender mounts on each side of the bike. The pannier can then simply be clicked onto the bobbins and locked in place. Removal is just as easy.

The mounting system is supplied unmounted with the saddlebags so you can mount them in the best position for you and your bike. Mounting is straight forward, requiring drilling 4 holes.

Note: Should you require the saddlebags only without fitting kit contact us for pricing.

Saddlebag Specs:
Listed below are the saddlebag sets available to fit the Rocket iii.
Please note: They are designed to fit the standard model, if you have made modifications to your bike that may affect the fit eg. fitting piggyback reservoir shocks, please take the time to double check the measurements provided against your particular set up to ensure the bags will still fit before ordering.
See the form at the bottom of the page for individual pricing and optional extras.

P47XL & C47XL:
Material: Split or full grain leather, PE reinforcements inside, HDPE laminate back
Capacity: 24L ea / 48L set.
Dimensions: 48 cm X 30 X 18.5
The only difference between these two bags is the contour of the top flap. P47 has a square profile, C47 has a curved contour when viewed end on.

C105:
Material: Split or full grain leather, PE reinforcements inside, HDPE laminate back
Capacity: 19L ea / 38L set.
Dimensions: 50 cm x 27 x 17

C5XL:
Material : Split or full grain leather, 2-2.2mm, completely laminated / reinforced with 2mm Polyethylene at the inside.
Capacity: 25L ea / 50L set.
Dimensions: 48 cm x 32 x 18

P101:
Material: Split or full grain leather, PE reinforcements inside, HDPE laminate back.
Capacity: 23L ea / 46L set.
Dimensions: 48 cm x 27 x 18.5

P102:
Material: Split or full grain leather, 2-2.2mm PE reinforcements inside, HDPE laminate back.
Capacity: 23L ea / 46L set.
Dimensions: 49 cm x 31 x 18.5

P109:
Material : FULL GRAIN COW LEATHER AS STANDARD, completely laminated / reinforced with 2mm Polyethylene at the inside. This makes these bags not only strong, but gives them also an extremely good form stability. Available in black or antique brown.
Capacity: 20L ea / 40L set.
Dimensions: 49 cm x 31 x 17

B46XL:
Material: Split or full grain cow leather- 4mm, Xtra strong HDPI backside for quick release mounting systems; Available in black.
Dimensions : 48cm x 31 x 20
Capacity : 50L / set
Features: Discrete sliding grip;Traditional buckle with quick release buckle;Corners of the bag are reinforced.

Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery from date of order.

Split Leather Saddlebag Set P47XL-502 NZ$ 1,065.00 Quantity
Split Leather Saddlebag Set C47XL-502 NZ$ 1,110.00 Quantity
Split Leather Saddlebag Set C105-502 NZ$ 1,015.00 Quantity
Split Leather Saddlebag Set C5XL NZ$ 1,185.00 Quantity
Split Leather Saddlebag Set P101 NZ$ 1,125.00 Quantity
Split Leather Saddlebag Set B46XL-502 NZ$ 1,090.00 Quantity
Split Leather Saddlebag Set P102-502 NZ$ 1,195.00 Quantity
Full Grain Leather Saddlebag Set P109-502 NZ$ 1,260.00 Quantity
Full Grain Leather NZ$ 100.00 Quantity
Lid Locks NZ$ 80.00 Quantity
Studded Finish NZ$ 30.00 Quantity
Antique Brown Leather NZ$ 160.00 Quantity
Alutech Construction NZ$ 220.00 Quantity
Hardware for Triumph Quick Release Sissy Bar NZ$ 40.00 Quantity
Hardware for Triumph Hard Mount Sissy Bar NZ$ 40.00 Quantity

Last edited:
I have dropped off the bike to get the pipes lowered 30mm / an inch or so.

I did Ride last night for an hour and rode it to work and to the shop.

Maybe I should see if he can get 50mm / 2 inchesqq
Screenshot_20190128_181134.png

Back