sixpack

Supercharged
06 R3, TORS w/ cat delete. A rock took out my left headlight, can I just replace the lens only or do you need to replace the whole pot? I would like to install my stock mufflers with cat delete, would that hurt the bike and would it have to be remapped? ( I find the TORS too "raspy?":(

I don't know about the light thing, but I have an 05 bought new and the first thing I did was get rid of the cat. been running like a champ ever since. stock pipes no problem, runs better than new. IMHOP

I'm not sure about the light either, but if you change exhausts from TORS + catbox to Stock with cat delete, you should get an appropriate tune installed.

Dealers will do it, if you don't have tuneboy or tune edit

06 R3, TORS w/ cat delete. A rock took out my left headlight, can I just replace the lens only or do you need to replace the whole pot?

No lens available as I know. I had to replace the whole lot,although you get a new H4 globe with it.
I looked at a few 5 inch bike headlights that might have fit,Bosch was one that already had a hole for the park light. None of them were identical to the triumph light in the lens shape, so even if they would fit you would have to buy them as a pair.
But in the end there were too many unknowns ,so I went to the dealer and handed them the cash.
There was someone on ebay selling the light for about half what the dealer wanted. I got one as a spare and he put another one up for biddng straight after.

Dont forget to ask for a light to suit which side of the road you ride on if you get one from overseas.

If the only damage was to the lens (glass cover) you can order it from Triumph or find a slavage yard that has a Rocket III headlight available. (With enough carnage you get low cost used parts.) If you damaged more than just the glass cover you'll need to buy a replacement H4 light, you can take your internals into an auto parts place and look for a match.

Back