The price from tune boy is $529 + $16.50 s/h.

That's in Aus dollars.

Your source looks like a pretty good price. Call them and ask how easy it is to activate the program. You need to send them your ECU serial # which you get the first time you plug in the cable and run the program. Then you get sent a code to activate the program so you can download tunes to your bike. It probably doesn't matter where you buy it. Wayne at Tuneboy is very helpful.

Dougl you said to use the 20050_2 tune, and that will work with the 07 classic tourer correct?

Yes - for the TOR/cat bypass exhaust. Tuneboy lets you reset the speed and rev limits.

Rick the top speed is adjustable in the tuneboy software under "Tune Constants"
You also can correct the speedo and rev limit.
The Tuneboy software is free (and some maps) and available on Tuneboys website. You can download it now and play with it to see if you like the program. What is sold is the cable to connect your PC and the bike and a software "key" that enables your ECU to communicate with the software.

Can you raise the speed limt with the pcIII or can that adjustment only be made with tune boy? SinceTriumph dealer has a tuner, can't they raise the speed limit and adjust the speedo?

Ignore the question about pcIII as I went back and re-read dougl's reply and see that you cannot adjust the speed limit with it. But I am still curious about the triumph dealer as to if they can or cannot raise the speed limit.

I have looked on line and found the tune boy for $409.99 + $12.62 s/h from brittish customs. Has anyone purchased from them?

There was a bad recommendation about British-customs in re Tuneboy on another thread. Get it directly from Tuneboy - can't go wrong.

Ignore the question about pcIII as I went back and re-read dougl's reply and see that you cannot adjust the speed limit with it. But I am still curious about the triumph dealer as to if they can or cannot raise the speed limit.

The only way they could do that, assuming you have a classic tune which limits the speed to 120 is to put in the corresponding tune (for your exhaust) for the standard, which has a limit of 135. Ask your dealer or another one if he'll do it.

There was a bad recommendation about British-customs in re Tuneboy on another thread. Get it directly from Tuneboy - can't go wrong.
There is some mail order outfit in Chicago (I can't remember the name off hand, that takes your money and never ships anything). If I think of it, I'll post an addendum.

As far as smaller outfits go, I have dealt with both NewBonneville and Bellacorse Motor Sports. Both reputable and quick shippers.

Back