Questions: Tuneboy, TuneECU, PC5, and Carpenter

Chris I will be honest I am self taught in computers and all that stuff I base my tuning on what I hear the mottor and induction sounds are making plus the response in acceleration and generally speaking my butt dyno all I have done is transfer my knowledge of tuning the good carbie fuelled motors and worked out the basics of how electronic fuel injection works, the thing is in my younger days I had a lot of mates that wanted me to fine tune their v8's, 6 and 4 clyd'rs as I seemed to be able to by just listen to them sort the jetting and make them fun Sweet and while would never claim to be an Ace Tunner I have found that even with fuel injected motors they still make the same sounds if they are a tad lean or rich and they still hesitate, surge etc and with the PCV + AT you Dooley dial the AFR table to the areas you want to change, I never gotten around to connecting the gear sensor wire so just run the single table and it is just fine. As long as I do not accept the trims, what I Di do was to thru TuneECU alter the f tables to get the fueling as close as I could to what felt good and then let the PCV+ AT change the balance

I never gotten around to connecting the gear sensor wire so just run the single table and it is just fine.
Allow me to encourage you to do so.

I coupled mine up about a month after fitting the PC5/AT itself. Things started to smooth out very fast - very surprised I was. It's (imo) as fundamental as modifying the F->L switch values. It gives the PC5 more possibility to control.I don't tune for POWER - I tune for smooth. Just wish I could get the consumption down - but smooth is fast.

Modifying via TuneECU - yup Ok I buy that. I'm TRYING to learn how to use the statistical modelling package called R. This will allow direct interpolation of PC5 and TuneECU values. ;)

I appreciate all the responses, I understand why I shouldn't accept Autotune trims after a dyno tune for max power. The only question I still have, is if I use TuneECU, or Tuneboy, for that matter, to change the idle speed or rev limiter, it certainly shouldn't affect anything else, should it?

no, if you read the tune in your bike alter it and reload it, that is all that will be altered

I appreciate all the responses, I understand why I shouldn't accept Autotune trims after a dyno tune for max power. The only question I still have, is if I use TuneECU, or Tuneboy, for that matter, to change the idle speed or rev limiter, it certainly shouldn't affect anything else, should it?
You will have to change the idle settings on the map and re-install it. Oh and if you lower the rev limit it will not go back up there so do not mess with it.

Back