Proud owner of 2012 Rocket III Roadster with <8K miles!!!

Thanks geno. Just got home Wednesday. Rode through parts of Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, took in the black hills, Sturgis, Crazy horse, needles highway, parts of Montana, Wyoming, Yellowstone and then back home. Was a great ride and the machine performed flawlessly. Absolutely love the low RPM cruise speeds and the 45MPG is great. Actually, that was my average. Lowest was 41, highest was 49. Kept track all the way across. Experienced all the things we love about riding: Temps down to 30, torrential rainfall in Sturgis, Hail in Spearfish, 90 degree weather at Craters of the Moon, and just generally some wonderful sights, sounds and smells all over the place. Most importantly, no close calls, no scrapes or bumps, just a tired back and sore neck and a big, big smile!
GLAD you having fun with your new love and I see getting good mileage as you should I havnt hit 49 mpg thats excellent BUT others say its impossible but they screwed that up with self tuning . YOU had a hell of a nice ride with your new beast and sounds like its running great GOOD LUCK and be careful lots of wildlife running around out there .

Thanks geno. Just got home Wednesday. Rode through parts of Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, took in the black hills, Sturgis, Crazy horse, needles highway, parts of Montana, Wyoming, Yellowstone and then back home. Was a great ride and the machine performed flawlessly. Absolutely love the low RPM cruise speeds and the 45MPG is great. Actually, that was my average. Lowest was 41, highest was 49. Kept track all the way across. Experienced all the things we love about riding: Temps down to 30, torrential rainfall in Sturgis, Hail in Spearfish, 90 degree weather at Craters of the Moon, and just generally some wonderful sights, sounds and smells all over the place. Most importantly, no close calls, no scrapes or bumps, just a tired back and sore neck and a big, big smile!

Nogrey, great pic of the family and rides. Glad the trip was a lot of fun. Always appreciate any trip reports the guys post of their adventures. I bet you the bike attracted some attention at various gas stations and pit stops.

Welcome to the insane asylum....er forum. :)

Back