Progressive 444’s on Amazon for $505

I had that same complaint, coming off the seat with the Sponge Bob OEM shocks on my 07 Classic. I installed 440 HDs and, while I thought they were a bit too stiff, there was a huge improvement in the ride. No more bouncy bouncy or rear end wallowing in the twisties. I weighed 220 at the time. Progressive told me that I probably would have been happier with the standard springs. They are easily changed but my son has the bike now and thinks they are fine.

This is a good price for the 440s.

I had that same complaint, coming off the seat with the Sponge Bob OEM shocks on my 07 Classic. I installed 440 HDs and, while I thought they were a bit too stiff, there was a huge improvement in the ride. No more bouncy bouncy or rear end wallowing in the twisties. I weighed 220 at the time. Progressive told me that I probably would have been happier with the standard springs. They are easily changed but my son has the bike now and thinks they are fine.

This is a good price for the 440s.
So any recommendations for mostly solo riding at around 170 lbs. I’m adding bags and will occasionally have a passenger with a mounted trunk.

So any recommendations for mostly solo riding at around 170 lbs. I’m adding bags and will occasionally have a passenger with a mounted trunk.

Stay with the "Standard".
I'm 275 and ride pretty hard. The "HDs" were way to stiff for me, even when traveling with bags and luggage and the preload at the top (softest).
I then went with a set of the "Standards" and am much happier!
These days I am not an "eternal fusser" with settings. I love the auto damping feature and easy preload adjust by hand!
If you are an "eternal fusser" and a v-e-r-y fast rider, there are slightly better shockies which will help you, aka Wilber.

I'm 275 and ride pretty hard. The "HDs" were way to stiff for me, even when traveling with bags and luggage and the preload at the top (softest).
These days I am not an "eternal fusser" with settings. I love the auto damping feature and easy preload adjust by hand!
If you are an "eternal fusser" and a v-e-r-y fast rider, there are slightly better shockies which will help you, aka Wilber.
[/QUOTE

I went for the heavy duty. I’m 210lb and 60% of the time ride 2up with the wife and she’s 120lb. So 330 plus at least another 30lb if I include gear and whatever is in the bags. Hope they aren’t too stiff but we shall see come spring time. About 10” of snow on the ground now, sucks

+1. Standards

Back