Problems with your transmission: Tell the feds ! [updated 20190222]

Vehicle manufacturers have been known to weigh the cost of recall against the POTENTIAL cost of litigation/compensation for culpability...and not the only industry to do so. Ford US springs to mind - and which SUV kept flipping over in the US?

I spoke with Triump America Friday about my tranmission problem on my '14 R3R with 14 miles. The transmission locked on me at 60 mph while shifting from 4-5th.. The said they would open an investigation into it. The dealer said it looked to be a problem with the circlip groove not being deep enough and he gears pushing it onto the shaft. The have repaired 6 last year and currently have 4 in for the same repair. If you have had transmission problems please call Triumph, 678-854-2010 and let them know. Also report it on the NHTSA site. If enough people have the same issue a recall will be ordered.

This is a safety issue !

Transmission failure can lead to rear wheel lock-up, loss of control, severe injury and even death.

I WHOLE HEARTEDLY ENDORSE THIS CALL FOR CONTACTING NHTSA -- please see the link to Consumer Reports for suggestion on filing a complaint.

And when you're ready, go here for the complaint: NHTSA

AFTER you file the complaint, you will receive confirmation email, and a screen thusly:

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 22.47.16 PM.png

Paul,
Me reckons this a very good idea whose time has come!

Vehicle manufacturers have been known to weigh the cost of recall against the POTENTIAL cost of litigation/compensation for culpability...and not the only industry to do so. Ford US springs to mind - and which SUV kept flipping over in the US?

Twas the Exploder aka Explorer.
I was witness in a $11mil judgement against Jeep because they held out and covered up a $2.75 transmission interlock part that would have prevented over 500 injuries & deaths from SUA (sudden unattended acceleration).

Back