Still one hell of nice looking Rocket, T. I'd love to give Boss Hoss a go but can't see it being anywhere near as practical as a Rocket for everyday use, which have to be the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the Kind words CBR3. I really like the look of yours as well. I sometimes think the fairing holds the bike back from reaching its top speed. But hey that's ok too.

T
Got to agree with Richard (but don't tell him he'll have a heart attack) your Rocket is Sweet I actually wanted a Classic in the red and white same as yours and The Kiwi (he has to watch his or his tank and mudguards may change colour (from red and white to just plain red) one day:D

i think this is the right order starting from when I was 13 (that was in 1965 in case your wondering)!

Triumph Tiger Cub
Royal Enfield 750 Interceptor with sidecar.
Bonneville
Thunderbird
Triton
BSA Rocket Gold Star
another Triton
then when I moved to Australia in '74
Honda 750 4 K1
Z900 with Yoshimira bits
Yamaha XJ650
Virago
Yamaha XJ750
Honda XT500 farm bike
Yamaha 350 quad
Honda VT1100 Shadow Ace...just sold
Rocket3 Classic ...current
and looking for an oldie to restore, pre 1970 hopefully.

D**N!!! you have a good wife!!:eek:

Yes I do! Oh.. I left out her '97 Honda Nighthawk 750 (another bike we regret selling) and her Triumph Trophy 1200, which I still have, and the '69 VW trike in my shop that is awaiting some wiring. She can't ride anymore, so the trike is going to my son.. and I need to get busy and sell the Trophy...

suzuki gs750 (maroon red)
suzuki intruder 800 (blue- greenish)
suzuki intruder 1400 (maroon red)
suzuki intruder 1400 (black)
suzuki intruder 1800 (black)
triumph rocket roadster (matte black)

Actually, I found that the Beetle Bags were the main culprit when I had them. The leg cutouts seemd to act like a parachute. I could tell a huge difference when I had them on or off my bike. I run Leatherlykes now and don't notice the drag anymore.

More likely it's the fact that it's not ALL red probably costs you some performance ;)

I was 17 and got all my driving licences whilst in Her Majesty's Service, Past my Bike test on one of her M20 BSA 500cc single side valve military models. (Was in the Units Pyramid Motorcycle Team hanging over backward from the front fender) :(

Norton Dominator 88 - 500cc Featherbed.
Later re-engined to 99 - 600cc
Triumph Tiger 100
Suzuki 175 trail bike
Honda Goldwing Aspicade (Green US model)
Hyosung Aquilla Annivesary
Triumph Rocket III :D

I'm only going to list my street legal bikes. I raced motocross starting at age 6 or so and I did that until I was around 15. Then, I raced road bikes. Thus, I had a lot of race bikes over that period. I doubt I could list them all if I tried. Lol

- 1972 Honda CB750
- 1992 Honda Shadow
- 2005 Triumph Speedmaster
- 2005 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
- 1989 Harley Springer Softail Custom
- 2007 Harley Street Bob
- 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
- 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
- 2010 Triumph Thunderbird

Back