TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
Thought with all the interest in 'what you'd buy next' and ' 2nd bike ' might be interesting to see what eveyone owned previously. Before my Rocket i owned : Harley FXD Dyna , Harley FXDX , BMW R100GS-PD ( for a planned trip to Africa that never happened, bought a stupid house), BMW 1150 GS , BMW1100 GS, 1961 T120R Bonneville , Harley Softail , Harley FXEF , Moto Guzzi Series II Le Mans , BMW R80 GS ,750 Bonneville , XLCH 1000 Sportster, Numerous 650/750 Triumphs , 500 Yamaha single ( built a stupid house) XLH 900 Sportster , 650 Triumph Tiger , BSA 350 Plunger.... Loved them all :D Maybe not the Yamaha now that i think about it !!!... Forgot , there's an 850 Commando in there just after the 900 Sporty ( think i was about 21 )

I worked at a small motorcycle repair shop during my pre-teen years that was down the street from my house. I basically washed parts and cleaned, but I got to ride all kind of motorcycles, from Honda to DKW, Hodaka, Sears, you name it. This is where my love for Triumphs came in. We had a beautiful tan and brown Triumph 750 Bonneville at the shop which I loved, and anytime a Trident would come through, I just had to hear it! My own 1st bike was a Kawasaki KE175. I loved it because it was painted similar to the Kawasaki H1 and H2s of the day!. Then I moved on to a Honda CL350 Scrambler, which was a beautiful bike.

I went a good 10 years without a bike after joining the Air Force, but then picked up a Honda CX500 tha a coworker had wrecked. Thank goodness he had the a Vetter fairing and some dorky hard bags because they actually took all of the beating, the bike was in great shape underneath it all. I also picked up a Triumph 650 Bonneville hard tail at this time. Then when Triumph came back in business, I started putting money away and sold the CX 500 and the Bonneville to get me a 2000 Triumph Adventurer.. But, luck was in my favor and I ran across a slightly used 2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport!!! So I bought that. I kept that bike for years, my wife and I went on our honeymoon on that bike. I put about 43,000 miles on that bike and regret selling it to this day. However, I was doing some trips then, and I thought a Road Glide would do me better. So I sold the TBS and found a beautiful Road Glide. I owned this Road Glide for a total of 6 months.. It was a great bike, but I had been eyeballing the Rocket since I first saw the initial drawings!

Finally, my wife told me to quit gushing over the Rocket and go get one. So I sold the Road Glide and found a Rocket III at RPM Cycles in Dallas. It was a demo with 123 miles on it for 3 grand under MSRP. Now, 64K miles later.. I still have my Rocket! I do debate on selling it from time to time, for a smaller bike now, but I have the Rocket so where I want it that I know I would regret parting with it.

I have a buddy's Road King sitting in the garage next to to my Rocket, and it sure is a nice ride and a smaller bike with plenty of power.. for a Harley. It sure ain't no Rocket though!

Ok, my turn:)
Not in order since my memory is not as good as it used to be;
50cc puch moped
75' kawi cb500
82 yamaha seca750
82honda saber 750
83 honda magna
93 suzuki gsx1100g
95 suzuki gsxr1100
94 honda magna
2002 yamaha vmax
98 suzuki ls650
2003 hd dyna
07 ninja 250
93 honda nighthawk
99 cbr blackbird
98 cbr blackbird- current
09 can am spyder- current
09honda dn01- current
05 rocket- current

I'm sure one or 2 are skipping my mind:D
As you can see, all brands, shapes and sizes, im an equal oportunity rider, and as TC :)said, loved them all

Mine are in order which is odd because I have a near fatal case of CRS.

2005 Rocket III standard
1969 Harley Electraglide
1983 Honda V-65 Magna
1982 Honda V-45 Magna
1975 Triumph Trident
1974 Honda 750
1969 Kawasaki 500 H1 (still have)
1970 Kawasaki 500 H1

Rocket 3 Touring
BMW R1200GS
BMW K1200RS
BMW R1150R
BMW R100RT
BMW R80/7
Suzuki 750 Katana
Suzuki GS1000
Yamaha XS650
Honda CB150
Honda CB50

Exclectic mix, mostly from the orient, but with one Latin lover thrown in. Some fast and expensive and others were just plain dirty, but all gave me pleasure. Not one American beauty I'm afraid (or pleased?) to say.

Yes, I'm talking bikes, not women. ;) But just like women, the only one that counts is the current one, who is the love of my life and more fun that all the rest put together.

Among the others:
Most temperamental and alluring - Ducati Desmo 450 single.
Most reliable - Honda 750/4 K2
Scariest (at the time) - Kawasaki 900 Z1
Most fun - Yamaha 350 quad (on the farm)
Most surprisingly useful - Honda 110 Ag (on the farm)
Most useless - Suzuki 250 trail bike. Can't even remember the model - blocked from memory. Weighed a ton, wouldn't start, butt ugly
Most enjoyable overall - Kawasaki VN 800
Most disappointing - Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600
Plus a couple not worth mentioning.

Yamaha sx 250-about twelve years ago when i got my Learners permit in Adelaide
cost me $1000 only took it round the block and dropped it lol because i had no idea how to ride it . Learners permit lapsed and i sold the bike.
then in july 2008 i got a licence and have been riding most days since.

2007 Honda vt 750 shadow "written off"
2008 Honda vt 750 shadow "sold"
2009 Rocket 3 Triumph "curent ride"

My journey is just begining :cool:

Back