elcanaco

It ain't easy being me!
Ride
2008 Rocket III
47BBE7A4-8243-4405-A1A3-02DF0E51FEC6.jpeg F52D1437-2865-44FD-9823-ADAAA69921BD.jpeg So I got an email from Konquer in Kelowna, BC that my parts had all been clear-coated and polished and were ready for pickup. A buddy who has a sweet older Mustang and was into customs cars back in the day wanted to accompany me for the trip to pick everything up so away we went yesterday. Having never had serious custom work done for me before I was ‘slightly’ anxious about whether bang for buck would be there. Well, both he and I were impressed. Though this shop does mostly custom cars and trucks, they can paint anything. Being that I wanted a Canadian flag theme/colours with several maple leafs, I was hoping they would get it right, and between their attention to detail, and the work of the airbrush artist they sublet that work to, I’m completely happy. Here’s a couple of pics of 1)the parts after I unloaded them from my vehicle and 2) after installing the front fender, rad screen and lower fork shrouds. I’m going to go slowly with re-installing everything but will post from time to time with pics. I’ve shot my wad financially this year but look to do more next year.

9E6FF451-6184-4B34-9B40-929F659892E8.jpeg D2DB4DCC-5E89-4CE7-B3C8-E01C92F79F67.jpeg
I know there are a ton of you guys out there that feel as I did. I have new motorcycle parts to install but I’m trying to be patient and do things little by little. Fuggetaboutit! I said “I can’t watch tv” with new stuff out there so out I went and all that is left to do is install the rear wheel tomorrow and it will be rideable. I’ll insure it later this week and maybe go for a burn. The Triumph service manual is a handy reference but crikey it leaves a LOT to the imagination when it come to reinstalling little things. I’ve had service manuals and parts catalogues in the past that were extremely detailed - not so Triumph but I guess I could have taken more photos in disassembly or looked at Hermys or another website if I was stuck trying to figure out the relation of one part to another. The only glitch so far is of my own doing. I didn’t ask them to paint the inside of the sport fairing so it’s not finished properly. I’ll get to it later.

Back