I mis-typed, more like 1000 miles to home. Little better than halfway done so far today.
1AC84A5F-3416-4110-92CF-3F97925235D6.jpeg
Great looking ride. Those aren't the stock pipes... any idea which ones they are. Congrats on one fine purchase. Make sure there is free play in the clutch lever.

Great looking ride. Those aren't the stock pipes... any idea which ones they are. Congrats on one fine purchase. Make sure there is free play in the clutch lever.
D&D pipes. I come from mostly a metric v-twin background, so the triple is taking a little getting used to. I’ll double check the clutch lever. You want a little pull before it engages, right?

That bike should last as long as you can hold it up. With routine maintenance it won't let you down. If you store it over the winter make sure to fill the tank and drop in some fuel stabilizer. In the spring a battery charge and you're off and running.

900 miles from North of Denver to home in AZ, it was a wonderful ride the whole way. We did stop for the night last night and wrap up the last couple hours this morning, but it was plenty of time in the saddle to really begin forming thoughts about what I would like to adjust. I will spend some time perusing the forums in search of info on these topics, but if anyone has any thoughts about these things, I would love to hear it!

I would like to have a tach and temp gauge - I would imagine some aftermarket kits exist to set me up with those.

The throttle feels a little heavy - 13 hour ride, and I wasn't exactly sore, but my forearm was aware that I had been twisting the throttle all day. Is there any way to reduce the throttle tension?

My wife would like to get a different seat, she got saddle sore after a while of riding. It isn't bad as it is, but for an extended ride it was not as comfortable as it could be. I know Corbin makes some stuff, but is there any other good options? I will probably look into getting a custom seat made, but I haven't done that before, and I will have to figure out where to go for that.

Related to the above, she also appreciates the pillion grab bars that have been on some of my previous bikes, something to push up against to adjust her seat, or hold on to for stability when she needs it. I haven't seen anything anywhere for that use - I can probably fab something up, but we will see.

Back