raymond braswell

Turbocharged
It's way too early to start seriously thinking about Rockets Across America III. My sunburn is still hurting from Crashville and Sturgis is upon us. We'll work on next years get together when we hit the doldrums of winter. However, if an idea strikes you ragarding any of the following topics let me know.....

Where: I am thinking West next year to allow many of our West Coast brothers to participate. Taos, Sante Fe? It needs to be a smaller town vs. metropolitan area which is too difficult as far as logistics go.
When: June, July, August, other?
Who: Should we include R3owners.com?

:cool:

How about Cheyenne, Wyoming. Isn't that where Jack resides? I'm sure he'd love to have us. Especially me. I could swing by Sibley, Iowa and visit with my sidecar friends.

Betcha there is a Taliban 8 in Cheyenne. They are coast to coast.......:D

Consulting my ever ready Taliban 8 location book, we have: Gillette (wonder if they make razors there), Green River, Jackson Hole (hole-sounds like a dive), Laramie, Powell, Rawlins, Riverton, Rock Springs (hope the beds have springs), Sheridan, Thermopolis (make Thermos Bottles there maybe), Wheatland and Workland. Those are the second rate Taliban's.

The top end Talibans "pride of Super 8" are: Cheyenne, Cody, Douglas and Dubois. The Super 8 I stayed in, in Boone was a top end one. It was about 20 bucks more than the Nashville Taliban but it had a weight room, hot tub, sauna, swimming pool, real wood floors and gold plated carts to haul your stuff to the rooms. It was so clean you could have eaten off the floor...even had an elevator so when you got loaded you didn't need to stumble up the stairs and I didn't see any Talibanese personnel.

I'm very much in favor of an RSVP rally
I'll go along with whatever the majority deems as to whom should be invited, just ussins or thems too.

My only problem with July at this point would be 2nd cutting. Nashville worked out perfectly. As soon as I got back I was out doing custom work. I make a really good income doing custom work so I don't want to crimp that (so to speak). The second week in July or later would be in my hay processing time and that could spell trouble. My wife ain't running the equipment, I'd have everything wrecked. August for me would work out better. I don't get into third until early September and the wheat straw will be done too. It's all a matter of logistics and mother nature.

Last edited:
I have to add that I'd probably trailer out to say Kansas City and ride the rest. I'm not overly fond of the trip between St. Louis and Kansas City and even 2 laners across the plains States are boring and besides, the want to twist the throttle on those roads can and will attract the unwanted speed cop. I'd pack up my little Tracker, put on my trailer and R3 and play HD rider........:eek:

Heck, Jack could lead our ride. Instead of having a dealer do it. We could all meet a Jack's house and he could hand out Tee shirts (or empty beer cans) and afterwards we could all take turns doing hole shots with his coupe.....Jack, we she do a 9 grand roll back?:D

Ain't nuthin prettier than a big S patch on the pavement.:)

Rocky:

On the way back from Nashville, I came up US 127 through Kentucky. It's a nice 2 lane road. very scenic and I see it's not listed on your guide. Even saw some tobacco growing.

Last edited:
My Two Cents

Like Raymond, I understand it's way too early to choose the next RAA III site but my first choice would be Colorado Springs.

Small enough to get around easily and big enough to have all the amenities we might need. Lots of gorgeous scenery and plenty of mountain roads to ride, Garden of the Gods park and Pike's Peak (If you dare).

Weather would be a bit cooler than Nashville and it would give the Arizona and West Coast Captains a better chance of attending. Jack could even trailer his baby with the Hot Rod and we'd get to see both vehicles at their best.

I'm not trying to exclude our buddies from the East Coast. Just thought it would be a great location and maybe the following year we could do something in one of the Carolina states.
Wherever it takes place, it will be great to see everyone again.

Back