1st Gen, Pre '20, OBS (old body style) ??

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
So, What's the consensus on how we're referring to the two different "generations" of Rockets, especially since they are two completely different aminals…

Can we really call the Gen 1 and Gen 2, even though they're really more like Gen 2 and Gen 3? That would probably confuse too many people, but makes for the easiest moniker.

Should we refer to them as "NBS and OBS"? Don't know if that really makes sense either since the "body" differences are not even the tip of the iceberg...

I guess the best descriptors would be " Pre '20" or "Pre TFC" and "Post '20" or "Post TFC" , since the unveiling of the TFC was the start of the shift, but that doesn't really roll of the tongue does it?

What are your thoughts?

when your'e talking 'Triumphs' its usually...'Bonnie'....'Trident'.....'Rocket' or similar.
I'm thinking it will be something like.....'Yeah, i ride a Rocket GT'......or 'I ride a Rocket R'.....
We will have to see what happens next year and move with the times....just my thoughts...

We have the original and all others are just knock offs

DSCN1297.JPG

Gen ‘20 could be referred to as R2.5kR and R2.5KGT. However we go, it is too many typing strokes. @Boog has a good line up though.

Back