D:

Like I said, wherever. If it happens to be in Washington state, so be it. I'll tell you again, I'm not riding all that way but I have a bike trailer and the bike will be on it and I'll be coming. Telluride Colorado is nice too. It's my mother-in-law's favorite town. It's quaint and artsy-fartsy. Just what we need to shake up with the Rocks.;)

If it's far west, most likely I'll hook up with Ray, Rusty and you and ride from there. I suspect that Britman will probably ride to my place and put his on my trailer. I can fit 2 full size bikes no probblem. I could haul 10 full sized bikes on my gooseneck if 9 guys east of me wanted to come out west. We could all share the cost of diesel and I'd bring my crew cab 4x4.

If you guys decide to do an out of the Continental United States rally, that's okay too. Just decide before next spring. It takes a long time to get a passport and book shipping for the Rocket.:) Maui would be super. We have some good friends there that own a ranch. Riding around Maui would be fun.....Come to think of it, I think there is a Triumph dealer on the Big Island.

I like either Colorado Springs or Cheyenne, plenty of time to argue about that...

Let's try not to tie it into a Holiday week or weekend. You will automatically probably exclude myself and possibly others who's families will frown on them leaving during a holiday. That was the second biggest reason I didn't make this year's ride.

Picking a date is tough. Spring (May or June) can have severe weather, but may be the best choice.

July can be dangerously hot, you guys dodged a bullet this year. Normally it can be over 100.

August is probably ideal... usually the temperature comes down and the humidity burns off. Much nicer weather than either the other two choices. The problem is... everyone else knows this and August is full of events... Sturgis, Baxter's, Quad Cities. A lot of you guys won't skip Sturgis and some of us have been going to Baxter's for over 25 years. It would be hard to squeeze it in there.

We should be able to reach some common ground though :D.

Rockets Across America is a Dot Net tradition, started by folks who are valued members here. However, Dot Com folks are always welcome and I certainly don't have any problem with them joining in. I do want to keep the planning etc on this website, simply because it is "Our Deal". If they would allow you to link back to us or promote RAA III over there that would be great. If they won't... oh well. Many people go back and forth between the two sites anyway. RAA III certainly won't be any secret.

This post is becoming so long it is almost Flip Like :eek:

Tomo:

I take it you are allright with the trailering out deal and leaving en mass from your area? from here to there or from over yonder to here and then to there could be a butt buster.

Anytime is no problem unless farming gets in the way. I have custom customers who get a little irritable when I don't get it down at the right time....(I'm talking about hay Britman...):D

Besides, everywhere has a Taliban

I would just like to see a cactus up close. One of those tall Marge Simpson looking ones.
I have flown over the western part of this great land, but never been there. It is good haul from Virginia, we will see as the time approaches. There will probably be a trailer involved in the journey this time.

Last edited:
Flip remember and do the Harley thing. Stop 40miles from your destination rub some dirt on your face and hands and ride the final 40miles to meet everyone(also hide the trailer):soapbox:

Scot:

You have to find a couple of good swarms of bugs to decorate your face and bike too.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'll trailer out. I might even put my trailer behind the motorhome and forego the Taliban's entirely. Nuth'in beats your mobile abode with ac and a shower in the middle of nowhere (Colorado Springs or Jacksville) after a day riding the Rock. The trailer thing, isn't that what the normal thing is in Sturgis?

Back