Power outlet up front

Hi Mutt,
Thanks. You should be a politcian. Haha...the right answer for both parties. You are right.
I run a small business and I can't imagine telling a customer they have no options after spending money at my business.
I'm trying to keep my bike as stock a possible. Had my first Triumph back in 1967.
That's why I pay $30 for $5 parts. Do you know what I mean? You just expect more.
I can drill a bigger hole and put a Walmart plug in there in a jiff. No big deal.
I tried Radio Shack and AT&T today looking for a conversion.
Thanks for you input.
Carl

CKTIRE - your not stupid or tricked. The Triumph outlet is a DIN or BMW type. There are a lot of products availble that fit into it. Lots of the heated clothing offers either type plug as an option. Powerlet sells cords that fit into it and match up with many GPS, intercom systems, Ipod, battery chargers and cell phones. When wired straight to battery with correct size wire and fuse the DIN plug can handle a heavier laod than a cigartte outlet.

Powerlet sells a cord that plugs into the small socket and has a standard socket at the other end. The cord is about 12" long. Powerlet Power Cables I use it to power my radar detector or a 110v converter to power my ipod charger.

My older Garmin's power cable has the small plug, as does most heated clothing.

This is Scott from MADSS

I felt it was in my best interest to respond in a public forum. You are not stupid nor were you tricked.

We sell about 25 part #A9938047 each year all around the country and across the globe. You are one of the first to bring to our attention the problem with the switch and the incomplete Triumph description.

When you spoke to Doug on the phone he was under the impression that the switch was installed and we cannot take beck any electrical item once the package is opened just as you wouldn't want us to send you an opened electrical item. If it is in fact not installed and still in the original packaging we will issue a refund.

I hope this clears up any mis-understanding.

Thanks Scott,
I appreciate your response. I did open the package. That's when I noticed the small bore.
I could care less about the $30. I just think you could have provided a solution and/or a suggestion. The answer to my inquiry was a very "matter of fact". Cold as ice! Like....dang! Too bad about that.
Now...if you read this post you will see there is an adapter. I'm going to buy one of those and in the end I'll be pleased. Doug can pass this information on to the next lost soul.
Peace....I will place my next order through your business.
Best regards,
Carl

Just had another outlet installed (by the dealer...I'm not smart/silly enough;)) upfront. here's a couple of shots of the new one at the steering head, and the older one under the tank with the BMW to standard converter cable......a bit ungainly, but it works OK (drives the Garmin GPS)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 161
I just picked up my new R3T today :D and my dealer installed the GPS Connector Kit (part #A9938065) at no charge as a courtesy since he knew I wanted to mount a GPS to the bars. Sweet!! Now I'm not sure how to proceed since the connector just has 2 leads sticking out the end. I'm assuming that it is drawing 12V and not a stepped down 5V that my TomTom One needs (standard USB power connector).

Does anyone know if the Triumph connector is 12V at the ends? And what do I need to do to get power to my TomTom? I don't want to fry it by mistake. I've already dropped a ton of coin buying the Rocket and my wife would kill me.

The Triumph 12 volt outlet mounts on the left side in front of the seat and behind the bear claw on a small triangle plastic cover. The hole is pre-drilled with a insert. Remove the insert and plug the triumph outlet into the cable provided behind the cover. It took less than 5 minutes.

Triumph's GPS power cable is a connector on one end, which plugs into the wire harness under the tank and two heat shrink butt connectors on the other. I purchased a Garmin motorcycle mount, connected the wires to the Triumph harness and placed the GPS on a Ram mount. Once the tank is lifted, it too is a five minute job.

I now have power on the left side below the seat, on the front right frame cover and at the bars for GPS.

Regarding the Triumph outlet female connector wiring on the left hand side in front of the seat.....the wires that go into the connector, anyone know is the black one -'ve and the black/blue one +'ve ? I want to join it with a fused usb power cable to the bars. I can spanner, but I'm crap with electrics!:banghead:

Back