Power Commander?

TallTX...

That was Wayne's Jardine tune without a PC3. The Tuner wanted a baseline for comparison purposes.

I went back yesterday to change out the tune because it was so rich that the tuner was ucomfortable pulling so much fuel out of the tune after installing the PC3.

So I dropped in the "tuneboy for PC3" tune in the Trading Tunes forum.
http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=284 Post #6
I increased the idle to 800... the only change I made to this posted tune.

He's making the dyno runs today, and I should be getting it back this afternoon.

TallTX...

That was Wayne's Jardine tune without a PC3. The Tuner wanted a baseline for comparison purposes.

I went back yesterday to change out the tune because it was so rich that the tuner was ucomfortable pulling so much fuel out of the tune after installing the PC3.

So I dropped in the "tuneboy for PC3" tune in the Trading Tunes forum.
http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=284 Post #6
I increased the idle to 800... the only change I made to this posted tune.

He's making the dyno runs today, and I should be getting it back this afternoon.

It looks like Wayne changed (retarded) the ignition tables at the high end for his pod tunes, including the one for Jardines - so maybe that was a better base tune for you. Why does your tuner have a problem with leaning out a tune?

He stated that he was uncomfortable pulling "so much fuel"...

So I loaded a tune without any fuels changes... just ignition changes and he was good.

From my point of view it wouldn't matter in the long run anyway, and if it makes it easy for him to tune by adding fuel... That's okay with me as long as it's right when he's done.

I got my bike back from the dealership the other day. I have Jardines and the PcIII. On the dyno it is at 132hp and 144 on the torque. Still has some popping when you lift off of the throttle all the way though. I might take it back and see what more they can do with it.

All dynos are different, a fact I understand. But I also know that the lowest RWHP I've seen for triples with Jars before a custom map was low 140s.

Triples and Jars are gonna add at least 20% to your baseline RWHP, which means that a stock Rocket on your dyno will pull around 110 RWHP, which is quite a bit lower than any stock runs I've seen for a Rock.

What kind of A/F line did you have going on with that baseline run?

Assuming the dyno doesn't read low, I'm just trying to reason why your numbers were so low.

Then again, maybe it just reads low. Maybe a stock Rock would pull 110 RWHP, and maybe I should shut up and go drink beer. :bch:

Took the bike to the local track last night and did 12.78 sec. @ 106mph. That is with the saddlebags and backrest, and windshield still on. Plus I weigh in at close to 300lbs and I'm 6' 5". Not to shabby I would say.:cool:

Texas,

Stock HP of 140 is at the crank, not the rear wheel

He are the final numbers...140.33 RWHP and 148.35 ft-lb torque

I started with 131.66 RWHP and 138.65 ft-lb torque

Last edited:
Back