Possible future Rocket Captain -- Looking at '15 R3T

The T comes with bags and windshield and can be tweaked to almost the same power level as the roaster, also bags are more secure, weather tight, and quick release, like the windshield The rear tire is less expensive, and makes the bike just as nimble. Plus the T has way more surface area to shine up with lemon pledge!!
If I had to do it over again I would have bought a classic!

The T comes with bags and windshield and can be tweaked to almost the same power level as the roaster, also bags are more secure, weather tight, and quick release, like the windshield The rear tire is less expensive, and makes the bike just as nimble. Plus the T has way more surface area to shine up with lemon pledge!!
If I had to do it over again I would have bought a classic!
They aren't still making the classic, are they? Thought it changed to just Roadster or Touring.

Oh and thanks for the welcome! Great corner of the 'net -- incredible wealth of knowledge.

Greetings!

The wife and I are currently in the works of making a job/house relocation and if it works out I'll be in the market to upgrade my current bike, an '07 Yamaha V-Star 1300. I'm seriously considering the Rocket III Touring and am quite excited about the possibilities with it. I've been reading up and compared to the alternative (which I admit rides/steers like a dream) of a Ultra Limited, I'm stoked about how much farther my money will go.

For basically the same amount as a used '15 Ultra Limited I can pickup the R3T and do the following:

• Russell Day Long Saddle w/ Rider/Passenger backrests, heated and rain covers
  • Wide Open Customs Fairing w/ Speaker/Stereo kit, Klock Werks 6.5" shield and optional wings/pouches
  • Triple K&N Setup + Flip's Paddock Stand
  • Some Kuryakyn extras (ISO Grips w/ contoured throttle boss, Scythe Mirrors, Stiletto End Caps, XW1.5 Roller Bag)
  • Viking Exhaust Headers + Cross Over + Mufflers
  • Dynojet Power Commander V w/ Autotune
  • DECossee's Keyless Ignition
  • BrakeAway Cruise Control
  • Rivco Risers + Barnett Clutch Cable
  • JW Speaker LED Headlight
  • TuneECU w/ hopefully a Hans0 tune for it all

Seems like a screaming deal really -- brand spanking new R3T, with all the goodies, compared to a used barebones stock HD Ultra Limited with already ~9k miles on it. I think it's an easy decision after all my reading/lurking on here.

Looking forward to becoming part of the community and hopefully piloting a R3T here in the next few months.

Buy the bike! I'm English so wanted something British. Hadn't ridden for several years so was a bit reluctant at first to go for the biggest Triumph ever made. Took delivery in May this year and the first ride was somewhat shaky. Soon got used to the size and weight, learnt the counter steering method and Bobs your uncle. Big, hot, heavy but a delight to ride. Mines from 2008, had 13500 km on the clock. Stock engine, no mods, just some cosmetic stuff. Go for it, you won't regret it!

Greetings!

The wife and I are currently in the works of making a job/house relocation and if it works out I'll be in the market to upgrade my current bike, an '07 Yamaha V-Star 1300. I'm seriously considering the Rocket III Touring and am quite excited about the possibilities with it. I've been reading up and compared to the alternative (which I admit rides/steers like a dream) of a Ultra Limited, I'm stoked about how much farther my money will go.

For basically the same amount as a used '15 Ultra Limited I can pickup the R3T and do the following:

• Russell Day Long Saddle w/ Rider/Passenger backrests, heated and rain covers
  • Wide Open Customs Fairing w/ Speaker/Stereo kit, Klock Werks 6.5" shield and optional wings/pouches
  • Triple K&N Setup + Flip's Paddock Stand
  • Some Kuryakyn extras (ISO Grips w/ contoured throttle boss, Scythe Mirrors, Stiletto End Caps, XW1.5 Roller Bag)
  • Viking Exhaust Headers + Cross Over + Mufflers
  • Dynojet Power Commander V w/ Autotune
  • DECossee's Keyless Ignition
  • BrakeAway Cruise Control
  • Rivco Risers + Barnett Clutch Cable
  • JW Speaker LED Headlight
  • TuneECU w/ hopefully a Hans0 tune for it all

Seems like a screaming deal really -- brand spanking new R3T, with all the goodies, compared to a used barebones stock HD Ultra Limited with already ~9k miles on it. I think it's an easy decision after all my reading/lurking on here.

Looking forward to becoming part of the community and hopefully piloting a R3T here in the next few months.
I have had mine for about two months and I'm thrilled with it!

As far as touring vs roadster...I just bought my roadster @ 3 weeks ago and have over 600 miles on it already. I too lurked on here and was chomping at the bit for well over 1 1/2 yrs before I was in a position to buy. I also did not test ride one until I was ready to buy. Big difference between the two as far as I am concerned is riding position. Roadster has pegs and you sit more upright, Touring has boards, heel toe shifter and you sit more legs towards the front (i.e Touring).

Either one and you should be stoked!! I LOVE mine. Hardest things was to ride it gentle for the first 500 for the break-in period. Also noticed that finding neutral and shifting smoothed out considerably after the first oil change also.

Jholen,

Glad you are considering the Rocket. Breaking the herd mentality is a good thing when it comes to being different. The Rocket is different!! Every time you stop for gas or coffee, people will ask if it has 6 cylinders, told about previous Triumphs they've owned, end up with looks of stark amazement when they see the Triumph logo, be inundated with questions about handling, power, 2300cc WHAAAATTTTT. Statements like "that's bigger than my car!!!".

It's really fun. Glad you are coming aboard. Don't wait, your smile muscles need some exercise. :)

Welcome from Northern Ontario.

Welcome from southern Ontario, I was debating between the touring and roadster, and ended up getting the touring, modded it up and now have as much horsepower and torque as the stock roadster, and the windshield, and saddlebags and such, and all the comfort that comes with it.
Also almost a year later, my face still hurts from smiling, hell I walk into the garage and see it there with the Goldwing and Harley and it always makes me smile, and i'm not even sitting on it at that point.
Now get out there and go get that bike, and ride it like you stole it (after you get used to how it powers up and handles) you won't regret it.
It is great knowing that you can soundly beat almost anything out there, car or bike, I haven't been beat yet

Back