Votes: 31 12.8%
  • Had to replace rear tire at 7000 miles

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • Had to replace rear tire at 8000 miles

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • Had to replace rear tire at 9000 miles

Votes: 19 7.8%

• Total voters
OK,I just found out how many miles I could get out of my original plugged at 5000 miles tire and the grand total is 9628 miles.Cord only showing on half of tire.My Dealer sold the last one they had 30 minutes before I called and would not mount a patched tire I had fixed.I did find someone who would and now have another 9500 miles to go in 5 months.

Baggage1 said:
OK,I just found out how many miles I could get out of my original plugged at 5000 miles tire and the grand total is 9628 miles.Cord only showing on half of tire.My Dealer sold the last one they had 30 minutes before I called and would not mount a patched tire I had fixed.I did find someone who would and now have another 9500 miles to go in 5 months.

Like a certain actor said....."This guy is living on the edge":D

Like a certain actor said....."This guy is living on the edge"

When I was a kid, we ran everything that held air until it no longer could. Never thought twice about, unless a Cop was around.

Funny how when I had my WHOLE life in front of me I worried not about the next day, as if my young pea brain had experience all life had to offer in a mire 18 years.:eek: God was I a fool, just like y'all.:D

Hondax said:
When I was a kid, we ran everything that held air until it no longer could. Never thought twice about, unless a Cop was around.

Funny how when I had my WHOLE life in front of me I worried not about the next day, as if my young pea brain had experience all life had to offer in a mire 18 years.:eek: God was I a fool, just like y'all.:D

I'll throw a little "humor" in too.

You were, just like myself, "young, dumb and full of cu*. Now, you are old, grey and blown away"

I think back on the stuff I did and got away with and didn't wind up in jail or have a bunch of illegitimate kids running around (I don't think at least). It scares me. It's nice being sedate except for the R3, but I can learn from Bart's accident. A moment of stupidity can add up to months of pain and suffering both physically and monetarily. I'll never go there if I can avoid it.

tire manufacture

Would be great to get the miles from the manufacture for tire life? what to expect..even though there are many factors..they should give us a window??:roll:

11000 miles on first rear tyre, 16500 on first front tyre. Ride by myself weigh 175# (12.5 stone) not a lot of twisties in my neck of the woods, roads are in good condition, as anyone who has ridden with me would testify i do not baby the bike I ride it like a 2300cc bike should be ridden.

Would be great to get the miles from the manufacture for tire life? what to expect..even though there are many factors..they should give us a window??:roll:

They do. You run it until it wears out and replace it, Your happiness or unhappiness with the tire's mileage dictates which way you go on the go around, Another Metz or a car tire replacement.

I wasn't real happy with 40.55 mpg for the Nashville trip, that is, until I found out what PianoMan was getting and what Britman was getting and then I was happy. Same applies to tires.

I'll be extremely contented with 11K miles on the rear like Scott attained. Gunshot's 5500 miles is not even satisfactory. In as much as I have 5K on the rear hoop and it shows minimal wear at this point, I'll be going for the 11K or so, I suspect.

Last edited:
Bump

7300 miles and I'm in need. It (rear) be flat across and no tread for thsee here wet/rainy downpours. The 070707Nashville Raid'rs from the Deep South, I know, enjoyed a bit of it. Next pay day;)

I replaced the rear yesterday (08/01) with 8100 (mearly coincidence). It was in dire need by then.

Last edited:
Back