• Had to replace rear tire at 7000 miles

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • Had to replace rear tire at 8000 miles

Votes: 22 9.1%
  • Had to replace rear tire at 9000 miles

Votes: 19 7.8%

• Total voters
11, 270 kms for front and rear. Both Metz so I'm happy
Been meaning to try something else but no need with that result. Couldn't get a Bridgy fitted down here, don't know why....
That was after our ride back from H B Richard. We didn't stuff around as I recall, somewhat spirited riding wouldn't you say mate. :eek:
I find you just have to keep an eye on pressures constantly with Metz.

I think this thread is just proving that no 2 riders get the same milage out of a tyre and that no 2 tyres are the same. Got 8000klm out of first Metz and about 1500klm of that was fairly easy getting used to the bike. I've got over 10000klm on my second Metz and its got a little bit left in it.

Stock rear Metz changed at about 6,500 miles. Put on Avon Cobra. Then replaced front Metz at about 7,700 with Avon Cobra. Recently replaced rear Avon Cobra with another at about 16,000. Front tire still OK, but getting thin with just over 19,000 miles on bike now. I like the Avon Cobra. Handling and traction much improved over the Metz.

11, 270 kms for front and rear. Both Metz so I'm happy
Been meaning to try something else but no need with that result. Couldn't get a Bridgy fitted down here, don't know why....
That was after our ride back from H B Richard. We didn't stuff around as I recall, somewhat spirited riding wouldn't you say mate. :eek:
I find you just have to keep an eye on pressures constantly with Metz.

Hey Malcy, out of curiosity what pressures do you run Front & Rear?

Sorry for the delay, been a little busy lately. I run 34 pounds in the front and 42 pounds in the rear but if I know that I am going to ride a little harder for the day and into the twisties I will drop the pressures by one pound only as the tyre will get hotter and the pressure will increase anyway. A bit anal I know but that's why my tyres last so well. I always check them each time I ride and use the same gauge each time, I carry a small one with me as servos vary.

Obviously one factor not considered is the definition of "worn". Worn to EJ is belts showing, worn to Sully may be 1/8" or 2mm of tread left. Legal or not it's how far we are willing to push(cheap bastards) our tires, thus, determining our mileage.:)

Very true, there are too many variables for this poll to be really accurate but it does provide a bit of insight maybe.

I changed both my Metz at just under 7000 miles. The rear was done, wear blocks level, as sullyjones says that's replacement time in UK if you don't want to get pulled by the law. The front had more miles in it but was changing to Avon's so did both.

I changed make because of the triangulated wear pattern on both, and the additional cupping on the front. Never seen this on tyres before and at the time didn't know if it was bike or tyre specific. Almost 3000 miles on the Avon's and no sign of triangulation or cupping so far.

Same result with your Metz as mine mate. How do you find the Avon's in the wet by the way ?

Had to replace both original Metz at 5000 miles, I had ALOT of cupping on the front and the rear was flattened on three sides. Went to Bridgestones and handling was greatly improved but have to replace the rear after 6000 miles, the cord is showing in strips in the middle which means I pushed it to far for my comfort. Still I am replacing it with another Bridgestone, cant beat the price and it handled great. Went ahead and purchased the front also but will hold off replacing it until it starts to show more wear.

Back