Please help me on handlebars ??

Jan Udholm

.020 Over
Hello all Rocket Captains,
I am having a new seat made at KonTour seat, it will be 1" higher,
and I will try to mount the rear pegs, 5-7" more to the rear end.
I can´t get used to the " clamshell " riding position, and I will try
to make my bike a kind of compromise, between custom and a normal naked/standard motorcycle.
Where can I see the diffrence between the rocket III handlebar options, I have read at this forum, that the classic has another set og bars, and that the touring has yet another design.
I don´t like the T-bars, and I don´t want the narrow HD handlebar, but there must be other options to get.
Does someone have a picture where it´s clear to see the difference between bars from Triumph ??
Thank you
Jan

I had the same problem

Jan-

I put the bars from the Classic on my R3 and am very happy with them. They move the grips several inches further back and several inches closer together, which has given me a much more natural riding position. With regard to the pegs, I am waiting to install the floorboards from the Touring, so I can't report yet but based on a test ride of the Touring they move your feet and the pivot point of shifter back about 5 inches. Take a close look at the Touring and you'll see what I mean. Also, the heel/toe bar is in two pieces connected with a bolt. My plan is to remove the rear piece so I will have a conventional toe shifter. Sorry no pictures but I hope this helps. I would be interested to see your seat when it is finished; raising the seat is also something I think I want to do. I put the touring gel seat on the bike but it's not much higher than the stock seat.

Back