Pirelli Rubber on CF Rims

hombre

Nitrous
The stock rear drive gear bolts to new cush drive, stock rotors bolt on front and rear... will install and test ride tomorrow. :D

Question

I'm sure it has been considered, but are those 5 spokes going to be able to take the torque of the motor for an extended period of time. (few years).
It just seems to me a lack of martial for all that load. But other wise they look sweet.:)

Paul:

I bet they can take more torque than the Rocket is capable of producing. Baked carbon Fiber is extremely strong and very resistant to torsional loads. Besides, barring a wrinkle wall slick, the tire is going to break traction before the rim is overstressed. Just look at all the times Prudhomme and Garlits went down the strip with 5 spoke Cragars on the drive axle and CF is 10 times structurally stronger than magnesium alloy.

They are very handsome rims.

CF is very popular with aviation because it is not subject to fatigue like metal alloys are.

In the latest Cycleworld they fit a ZX-14 with a set of BST wheels. They noted it didn't seem to make much of a difference in acceleration (the ZX-14's acceleration is regulated by the ECU so that could be why) but they said it made a big difference in handling once the suspension was set up for the lighter wheels.

Availability

Nice looking...no one has mentioned availability or...COST:eek:...or will both these issues make us even more envious of those who have the assets to own a set? With some paint jobs a set of these would look magnificent...Like on Spike....whata ya think Jack:confused: SB.

Silver B

You bet SB.You buy them for me and I could afford to paint them.With what they cost I would want to know if any chemicals in the paint could harm them..ie lacquer thinner,acrylic polymers,butyl acetate, amyl acetate,xylene,monobutyl, ether and many more.I doubt many will want to paint them because the weave of the fiber is whats so intriguing. I just couldn,t stand seeing rock chips in them after many miles of use..But if you want to buy me a set Iam game...YUk Yuk Crazy Jack

Piggy

CF is very popular with aviation because it is not subject to fatigue like metal alloys are.

In the latest Cycleworld they fit a ZX-14 with a set of BST wheels. They noted it didn't seem to make much of a difference in acceleration (the ZX-14's acceleration is regulated by the ECU so that could be why) but they said it made a big difference in handling once the suspension was set up for the lighter wheels.
The zx14 has secondarys just like the rocket,they call them flys..Do you know if thats the only way its limeted???

No Jack..

Jack...You missed my point. I didn't mean to paint the dam wheels...that would be SICK!. I meant that they would look really good on some bikes with specific color/design paint jobs...Like SPIKE has.
GEEEZE...and I am someone who make his living communicating with employees....maybe I should retire:D

Jack...You missed my point. I didn't mean to paint the dam wheels...that would be SICK!. I meant that they would look really good on some bikes with specific color/design paint jobs...Like SPIKE has.
GEEEZE...and I am someone who make his living communicating with employees....maybe I should retire:D

Jack is no longer an employee. He's a retiree. You can't communicate with retiree's using normal lines of communication. :eek:

Back