Pillion floorboards

MickyB

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Rocket 111
i am ready for some of the feedback I'll get for this question but here goes anyway. My Princess would prefer boards to pegs when she comes out with me on my 2008 standard. Can anyone recommend any particular model?

Kuryakyn is one brand which comes to mind, or if someone has a set of classic rear boards with forward positioning extensions which they have removed but I think they are becoming a bit rare. Reminds me, I wonder where mine are?

In an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to make my bride comfy on the back of my Roadster I installed a set of Kuryakin passenger boards. She liked the boards but we could never find a seat that she was good with. I recommend them, but would also recommend that you mount them "backwards"...left on right side, right on left side. Moves the boards a little bit farther forward and if you put bags on your bike gives a little bit more clearance. Looks better too in my opinion.

The sharpest, high quality and acceptably functional ones are Rivcos, IMO. Most comfortable/useful (they're larger/longer) are the OEM Triumph ones that came on the early Tourers.

Back