Pigger,you seen this?

busajack

Top Fuel
This is for any of you guys with the TuneBoy software.
I have put a new TuneEdit on our web site.
http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/TuneEdit.zip

This now has an option on the Tune Constants page to turn off the error checking for the O2 sensor.
If you remove the tick from the "O2 Sensor fitted" option and unplug your O2 sensor the bike will run in open loop all the time without any errors being set in the ECU.
For this to take effect the map needs to be downloaded to the ECU once this option has been changed

Thanks Busa. Now if you will concisely but with brevity;) esplane for me, what "open loop" is and how the O2 sensor plays into this. I'm grauating to moe power, or at least as soon as the TuneBoy arrives. I'll be there.

Thanks Tomo for the explaination, found elsewhere.

Last edited:
R:

I for one have never been 'in the loop'. Of course you already know that.

I'll just let all you guys fiddle your bikes to there and back and just keep on riding mine the way it is. I probably should not post this here because everyone will think me an idiot (not that some don't already), but, I checked the oil in the remote tank before I left from here on my trip and never checked it again until I returned home over 2200 miles later. The R3 engine must have very good oil control rings and tight valve guide seals because it didn't drop any discernable amount on the dipstick and didn't get any darker either. I rode in some pretty hot weather. So hot in fact that the head on the exhaust side from the cylinder gasket to the valve cover got appreciably lighter in color, almost a dark grey from the original black. A little HP Silicone and a paint brush restored the black.

I will get rid of the cat this winter. That should eliminate some heat, but I don't want to loose any mileage. 40.55 average for the entire trip is pretty respectable compared to what some Captains are getting. My riding companions on the early Evo HD's average around 52. Ed got 68 on the trip on the Parkway and Carol got 56.

This is for any of you guys with the TuneBoy software.
I have put a new TuneEdit on our web site.
http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/TuneEdit.zip

This now has an option on the Tune Constants page to turn off the error checking for the O2 sensor.
If you remove the tick from the "O2 Sensor fitted" option and unplug your O2 sensor the bike will run in open loop all the time without any errors being set in the ECU.
For this to take effect the map needs to be downloaded to the ECU once this option has been changed

It opened the new version and it has the new check box for the sensor. Wayne is pretty sharp. Too late for me. I just spent $25 on a Dynojet PCIII O2 sensor bypass which does the same thing - I think.

Back in March of this year I had sent Wayne quite a few emails discussing this issue. I'm glad to see that he got it knocked out. In my opinion the bike runs much smoother without that O2 sensor!

Two weeks too late for me. Hopefully that will work well. That should have been one of the first things he did when launching tuneboy. Who wants a custom tune just to have the ECU trimming it back to 14.57 to 1 A/F ratio?

I was going to buy the Dyno Jet bypass but now this is the best answer.
Love my Tuneboy :bch:

Back