Picked up a new used bike.

scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
Bought a 2001 Triumph Adventurer today(1800) the body is in real good shape, the front brake is non existant and the bike has not been started in 10 months, the guy that had it bought it from a guy in PA so it was only used in the summer months has less than 16000 miles.
The battery is probably gone so I will replace that first then see what happens:eek: be prepared for some questions, for I will need some help and advice.

I was looking for an '01 Adventurer when I found my '00 Thunderbird Sport. Best looking of the Adventurers IMO. I put 45k miles on my TBS before making the mistake of selling it. My wife and I even went on our honeymoon on that bike. I know them fairly well. Still have a Trophy 1200 (same motor with 1 added cylinder sitting in the garage. Great bikes.. I actually hated to see them replaced by the Bonnie.

Bought a 2001 Triumph Adventurer today(1800) the body is in real good shape, the front brake is non existant and the bike has not been started in 10 months, the guy that had it bought it from a guy in PA so it was only used in the summer months has less than 16000 miles.
The battery is probably gone so I will replace that first then see what happens:eek: be prepared for some questions, for I will need some help and advice.

That is extremely low miles for that type of motorcycle. Congrats on purchase.

Great Bike Dave

2001 is a good year for the Hinckley Triples, all of the alternator rattle and sprag clutch issues had been resolved. Those motors are pretty well bullet proof and fast as hell, they will eat a twin for breakfast. I love my TBS and plan on keeping it in the herd forever. Enjoy the resurrection and buy a manual. One bit of warning, wait till you pull the dreaded air box..........

Kind of regret selling my 2001 Thunderbird , was a great little bike for around town and through the mountains. Alas it had become a ' bike of interest' with the local constabulary , so i had to let her go :( (sad face)

i still love my 01 legend no where near the bike the rocket is (that is underststed) but still a nice riding comfortable with decent snap in the throttle

2001 is a good year for the Hinckley Triples, all of the alternator rattle and sprag clutch issues had been resolved. Those motors are pretty well bullet proof and fast as hell, they will eat a twin for breakfast. I love my TBS and plan on keeping it in the herd forever. Enjoy the resurrection and buy a manual. One bit of warning, wait till you pull the dreaded air box..........
lol, I pulled my airbox once and on went pods

Back