I haven't tried to upload to my album lately but it did seem like the simplest approach. What a bugger if it doesn't work either.
Shaun, has the size limit of individual images been reduced? This seems a new problem.

I didn't see a response, but went ahead and made some changes to support larger file sizes. I just uploaded a nice pic of a 2011 Thunderbird in the photo album, that was just over 9 Meg in file size.

Link Removed

Below is a forum-attached image of a 2011 T100 that was also +9 Meg in file size. The Speed Triple pic was much smaller, but uploaded to test thumbnail creation:

2009-Triumph-SpeedTriple-15thAnniversaryEditiona.jpg

2011_Bonneville_T100_in_Forest_Green_and_New_England_White.jpg

So the general guideline for uploading images is that forum-attachments support smaller images best. Even though I've increased the allowed file size, very large images won't have the same quality as Photo Album uploads will.

If you have a high-quality image to upload, I'm now supporting up to 10M picture uploads in the Photo Albums. High Quality Photo Images are best uploaded into the R3Owners Photo Albums, where you can copy the thumbnail link in any forum post.

Hope this helps.

So the general guideline for uploading images is that forum-attachments support smaller images best. Even though I've increased the allowed file size, very large images won't have the same quality as Photo Album uploads will.

If you have a high-quality image to upload, I'm now supporting up to 10M picture uploads in the Photo Albums. High Quality Photo Images are best uploaded into the R3Owners Photo Albums, where you can copy the thumbnail link in any forum post.

Hope this helps.
Thanks i just uploaded a pic to the handlebar thread and it worked fine :)

Hope this helps.
Would help if i knew what any of it meant :confused: thanks again anyway.

Would help if i knew what any of it meant :confused: thanks again anyway.
hey TC go onto your computer to the photo you want to upload and put your curser onto it and it should come up with a little window telling you the file size. the one i uploaded was 1.33 mb .
i think if you try again since the changes have been made u should be ok otherwise if you want i can pm you my email and you can send me the pic you want to upload and i will edit it for you and send it back to you .
:cool:

Hope this helps.
ihoope to get high-resolutin denials.

hey TC go onto your computer to the photo you want to upload and put your curser onto it and it should come up with a little window telling you the file size. the one i uploaded was 1.33 mb .
i think if you try again since the changes have been made u should be ok otherwise if you want i can pm you my email and you can send me the pic you want to upload and i will edit it for you and send it back to you .
:cool:
Thanks Mitch , i'll give it a whirl when i geta chance..going out to Rosewood this arvo to pick up the 1999 Thunderbird i just bought :rolleyes: What was i saying about if i had two bikes the second one would never be ridden :D !!

Back