estoma

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R, VMX17, RC8-R, GL1800, H-D Breakout, R18
Beware of DNK TuneWorks, offering maps for all markets. They were not aware that there are bespoke TuneECU Rocket 3 base-maps for Brazil, China, Thailand, and for Argentina, Indonesia, and South Africa. They are now – a bit late in my case.

I purchased a DNK map for my 2020 Rocket 3 R on 15 February. The DNK web page allows you to specify your region, model year, VIN, and modifications (Werkes slip-on for me). And to state whether you have cruise control. It all seemed very legit, except that there was very little information available on the map itself. It sells for $212 in fact – a $ 12 'processing fee' is added on checkout. I loaded it four days later, using a OBDlink LX+. No hiccups. As I started the bike to perform the warmup + 12-minute adaption, it threw a P0315 CEL. P0315 = Crankshaft position not adapted (per TuneECU) or Crankshaft sensor circuit malfunction (per Triumph). The first thing that I noticed, riding, was precisely the same gargling and popping as before. Then, no increased rev limit. Next, no perceptible performance increase.

Long story short, DNK sold me a map derived from a 31018 base-map while my ECU needed one from a 31023 base-map (not yet posted/available). And DNK customer service s4cks. Replies are prompt but short and snotty, lacking technical information/explanation (much like the initial web page). The default sentiment is that they are dealing with yet another idiot;

(quote) 'sorry if your feel that we are in any way dismissive, that's not the intent, it's simply that every time any customer has run into a snag when DIY loading, it's been user error' (unquote).

The '31023 ECU' clearly reads less/more/different tables when addressing the 31018 map. So, now I cannot return to an OEM map. I also need to have a CEL cleared by Triumph SA, hill-hold reinstated, quick-shifter reenabled, and whatever else still rears its head. I can count myself lucky that I did not end up with a bricked ECU. DNK returned $200 when their scr3wup started flashing in neon lights with wailing alarms, even before I asked for it. (Quote) ‘as it is obvious that nothing we can do will satisfy you in any way, we'll be processing a refund asap’ (unquote). They did not do a thing except sell an incorrect map to unsuspecting customers and then deny and argue until the penny finally dropped.

And yes, I did try all riding modes, menu settings and the TuneECU support board. As well, the map I received was for a standard exhaust. When I asked if a map was available for an open air-filter, earlier on, the reply was ‘the tune difference is minor’ (?).

Last edited:
Beware of DNK TuneWorks, offering maps for all markets. They were not aware that there are bespoke TuneECU Rocket 3 base-maps for Brazil, China, Thailand, and for Argentina, Indonesia, and South Africa. They are now – a bit late in my case.

I purchased a DNK map for my 2020 Rocket 3 R on 15 February. The DNK web page allows you to specify your region, model year, VIN, and modifications (Werkes slip-on for me). And to state whether you have cruise control. It all seemed very legit, except that there was very little information available on the map itself. It sells for $212 in fact – a $ 12 'processing fee' is added on checkout. I loaded it four days later, using a OBDlink LX+. No hiccups. As I started the bike to perform the warmup + 12-minute adaption, it threw a P0315 CEL. P0315 = Crankshaft position not adapted (per TuneECU) or Crankshaft sensor circuit malfunction (per Triumph). The first thing that I noticed, riding, was precisely the same gargling and popping as before. Then, no increased rev limit. Next, no perceptible performance increase.

Long story short, DNK sold me a map derived from a 31018 base-map while my ECU needed one from a 31023 base-map (not yet posted/available). And DNK customer service s4cks. Replies are prompt but short and snotty, lacking technical information/explanation (much like the initial web page). The default sentiment is that they are dealing with yet another idiot;

(quote) 'sorry if your feel that we are in any way dismissive, that's not the intent, it's simply that every time any customer has run into a snag when DIY loading, it's been user error' (unquote).

The '31023 ECU' clearly reads less/more/different tables when addressing the 31018 map. So, now I cannot return to an OEM map. I also need to have a CEL cleared by Triumph SA, hill-hold reinstated, quick-shifter reenabled, and whatever else still rears its head. I can count myself lucky that I did not end up with a bricked ECU. DNK returned $200 when their scr3wup started flashing in neon lights with wailing alarms, even before I asked for it. (Quote) ‘as it is obvious that nothing we can do will satisfy you in any way, we'll be processing a refund asap’ (unquote). They did not do a thing except sell an incorrect map to unsuspecting customers and then deny and argue until the penny finally dropped.

And yes, I did try all riding modes, menu settings and the TuneECU support board. As well, the map I received was for a standard exhaust. When I asked if a map was available for an open air-filter, earlier on, the reply was ‘the tune difference is minor’ (?).
Most users speak highly of the DNK tunes they installed. Since you got a refund for your purchase, would you mind sending me your DNKTune. I don’t have a Rocket but would be interested to see what they did.

PS. The maps for Argentina, including 31023, are not yet available from TuneECU.
Bad English from my side, apologies. I meant to say that DNK is aware of this now - that those maps need to be used for each of their respective markets. Not that those maps are available now already.

Hello. DNK is a pretty rude company. I have read multiple people complaining about their "customer service." I had ZERO updates to my $200 tune and shortly after their update window ran out they released the unrestricted top speed limiter. I asked them to make an exception and help me out. They said no (were rude about it) then said they would give me 20% off. I am all for a business making money, but a little customer service goes a really long way. I will NOT purchase any more products or tunes from this company, given the way they treated me. Penner's tune is free and many say better.

Last edited:
Back