Penner map is restricted?

Did you ever get the tune? I just ordered some Vandemon pipes and would like to get a tune on my ‘22 GT when they get here. I’m pretty old and not totally computer illiterate but I have to admit, I am **** nervous about messing up my ECU. Did you do it yourself or use somebody in TN? I would be willing to drive a good ways and pay somebody who knew what the hell they were doing.
Yes I got the tune and I smoked a KTM 1290 SAS this last weekend.:sneaky: I’m nearly computer illiterate so I had my independent shop in Knoxville do it for me and make a post dyno measurement. Custom Cycle corner can do it with out killing the ECU. The owners name is David give him a call at 865-688-1181. Make sure to tell him Dr.D referred you. We are good customers of his. He is the same guy that built and tuned my 203 hp Lush Roadster. Mark answers the phone and he’s good to set you up also.

Yes I got the tune and I smoked a KTM 1290 SAS this last weekend.:sneaky: I’m nearly computer illiterate so I had my independent shop in Knoxville do it for me and make a post dyno measurement. Custom Cycle corner can do it with out killing the ECU. The owners name is David give him a call at 865-688-1181. Make sure to tell him Dr.D referred you. We are good customers of his. He is the same guy that built and tuned my 203 hp Lush Roadster. Mark answers the phone and he’s good to set you up also.
Thank you, Doc! That is very doable! This place rocks!

My TFC is now out of warranty so I’m about ready to get a tune.
Please keep us update when you go down this path. I have a 23 GT and want to change the throttle maps - but was told you need to also do the fueling, timing and a bunch of other stuff. Anyone here have more detail?

Please keep us update when you go down this path. I have a 23 GT and want to change the throttle maps - but was told you need to also do the fueling, timing and a bunch of other stuff. Anyone here have more detail?
A real tune involves more than just mapping an electronic throttle. The goal is to bring all parameters into a place the motor is running optimally. The Penner tune surely has not had any negative impact on my bike.

What does the penner tune do? what adjustments are made?
While the stock maps are the same for the R and GT across all markets, Penner’s tunes are not. Before you start loading maps, you need to know how to use the app enough to compare the Penner tune you are loading with the stock map.

That said, Penner adds fuel to the main fuel tables (F) but only in the mid range. He found fuel to be adequate at the top end. In some maps, he adds fuel to the L fuel tables, in others not. This doesn’t matter because the L tables are only used under 4% throttle. He also lowers values in the A/F table corresponding to the mid range changes of n the F tables. This does two things: 1) it increases the fuel; and 2) it turns off closed loop in this area. He derestricts sport mode at the top end. This is how you get a huge increase in WOT hp. In some maps, he leaves rain and road modes stock. In others, he makes them more aggressive. In the All Markets GT tune, he mistakenly put an unrestricted table into rain mode for 1st gear. The other gears are correct. In the US R and GT tunes, he adds 2 deg of advance to the timing under 4000 rpm but only for 3rd gear. Make sure you know what you’re loading before you do it.

What does the penner tune do? what adjustments are made?
I do not know all of the details and maybe someone else can give more complete information but I do know that the throttle plates are restricted severely in some of the gears. I believe you are only getting 60% of what is possible with a stock tune. The Penner tune gives you the remaining 40%. Since most of it is in the upper rpm range it is more of a HP gain than a torque gain.

Somebody else help us here. Are there other more mods with this tune?

Back