PCIII with non-standard tune in ECU

BuffaloR3

.060 Over
The dyno tuners around here aren't exactly tech-savvy so I've had to go the PCIII route, installed it today but it occured to me that I have my maps wrong. I currently have a modified Jardine+3K&N in the ECU and the stock that came with PCIII, I downloaded the Jar and triple K&N for PCIII but it occurred to me that I may be duplicating (and thus doubling) the A/F mixtures if I install it on the PCIII. Am I correct in assuming I need to put a stock tune back in the ECU and the Jar + 3K&N in the PCIII?

Am I correct in assuming I need to put a stock tune back in the ECU and the Jar + 3K&N in the PCIII?

Yes. Also realize that the PC3 trim supplied for a particular setup IS NOT perfect for your bike. It's supplied to get your bike very close to correct, so that it doesn't take much dyno time to dial the engine in perfectly.

First of all, load the zero map (M510-000) into the PCIII. If you've got the Tuneboy 20145TuneJardines map, it was done by Tuneboy on a bike with Jardines and triple Unifilters (not K&N). The hex map on the TuneECU site may or may not be this tune. It has "GiPro, secondaries removed" in the description so it isn't clear if any of the tables in the original custom Tuneboy tune were changed. But this map could be close and a good place to start as a base map for a custom PCIII tune. May sure the O2 sensor box is unchecked and the PCIII O2 sensor controller is installed.

Back