PCIII Tune Wanted

Fixitbaz

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Tribal Orange Triumph Rocket 3
Has anyone got a PCIII tune for a

2006 Rocket III fitted with TOR'S, Cat bypass Pipe, O2 Eliminator and 3 x K&N Filters

The only one close to this on PCIII website is tune M510-005 but this is for D&D 3 into 2 Silencers not the Triumph TORS.

Only need this map for 2 weeks as booked in for a dyno.

Cheers
Barry

It's the same animal and will work just fine with TOR's. The D&D's have similar flow to TOR's with cat bypass, the primary importance of that tune is to go with the triple filter intake low air restriction.

It's the tune I used just prior to having it dyno'd and it was so close that the dyno tune netted only 8hp and 6ftlbs additional numbers.

Run the D&D canned tune until it's dyno'd and you won't have a problem.

Cheers Hellfire

One last question. I returned the faulty PCIII to the seller and managed to buy a fully working used one. Due to the original faulty one I had loaded a new map into the Triumph ECU with TuneECU.

My question is

Do I reload the standard Triumph tune back into the Triumph ECU or the Triumph tune for TOR'S and Decat Box ?????. or does it not matter whats in the Triumph ECU ??? as the PCIII overrides it.

Cheers
Barry

It's the same animal and will work just fine with TOR's. The D&D's have similar flow to TOR's with cat bypass, the primary importance of that tune is to go with the triple filter intake low air restriction.

It's the tune I used just prior to having it dyno'd and it was so close that the dyno tune netted only 8hp and 6ftlbs additional numbers.

Run the D&D canned tune until it's dyno'd and you won't have a problem.

The standard Triumph base tune is advisable to use with a PCIII ... However, I do have the Triumph TOR's tune as the base tune installed in mine. Ignorance is what got it in there in he first place (mine), but I decided to leave it there and had the dyno tuning done over the top of it with the thinking that if someone in the future wanted to put the bike back stock and put the secondaries back in that it would be the stock tune for TOR's.

The TOR's tune difference is just in the operation of the secondary throttle plates. Are you going to take them out prior to tuning?

Your list of mods is very similar to what I have with exception of secondary throttle plates removed and a GIPro. You didn't list those, so I was guessing you hadn't done them. The PCIII works great in conjunction with missing throttle plates and the GiPro.

Throttle plates now removed and the GiPro installed, now just waiting for the dyno to see what she putting out at the rear wheel. Hopefully 150HP :D:D:D

Has anyone ever tried to remove the installed baffles in the TOR'S out or aren't there any in there to remove, louder is better :p:p:p

Cheers
Barry

The standard Triumph base tune is advisable to use with a PCIII ... However, I do have the Triumph TOR's tune as the base tune installed in mine. Ignorance is what got it in there in he first place (mine), but I decided to leave it there and had the dyno tuning done over the top of it with the thinking that if someone in the future wanted to put the bike back stock and put the secondaries back in that it would be the stock tune for TOR's.

The TOR's tune difference is just in the operation of the secondary throttle plates. Are you going to take them out prior to tuning?

Your list of mods is very similar to what I have with exception of secondary throttle plates removed and a GIPro. You didn't list those, so I was guessing you hadn't done them. The PCIII works great in conjunction with missing throttle plates and the GiPro.

Triumph exhaust is sealed and the baffles not removable without destroying the exhaust.

Back