snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Went to my dealer today to have him check out my rear tire, I thought that it looked a little flat on the bottom ( as in squared off), and he pointed out the cord that was showing through. The tire would stand on it's on when taken off the rim. No problem though, $400 dollars later and I'm out the door. I put 7200 miles on the tire, the dealer said that's pretty good mileage for a R3 tire. My wife about crapped her self when I told her. I think that works out to about 5.5 cents for a miles worth of rubber. What...do you do? Life goes on and I'm ready for another 7200 miles ( I hope). Next $ stop.... 10,000 mile check up. All of this maintenance is cutting into my bling money, ride safe and check your tires:bch:

Rear Tire purchase

My dealer in Greenville SC just installed a new rear for $265 installed and out the door. Took over 2 hours however with no breaks. That was 7 days ago today. Just got back home from a 1,560 mile tour with the wife. Already has a flattened look to it. Bummers

Blow that sucker up.....

Grey Fox:

You need to watch your tire pressure especially when riding 2 up. Keep it inflated to the maximum rated on the sidewall, I think it's 40Psi cold. Underinflated tires, especially radials really shortens tire life, cars or bikes.

FWIW.... We've had more than one Captain comment that when riding two up it eats the rear tire faster... not implying that your passenger is... well... er... ahem... never mind :eek:

I'm at 3600 miles and am already at the point where it howls in the corners. I find that annoying. the tread is still 3/32" but I am ready for a change. Every metzler I have ever had does the same thing. Next phase is shaking the rear rotar like a tamborine.. Going to order a Goodyear Eagle tomorrow. I'll never know until I try. Not meaning to start another debate here, I just tired of tires becoming a problem after so few miles, at least I have an option here.. :soapbox:

Hey Guns!

If you pop a car tire on the back, do you still need the kickstand?:roll:

I think it'd be funny as hell if it just stood straight up... What would the Hardly riders think then.:D

Michelin Man....

I'm at 3600 miles and am already at the point where it howls in the corners. I find that annoying. the tread is still 3/32" but I am ready for a change. Every metzler I have ever had does the same thing. Next phase is shaking the rear rotar like a tamborine.. Going to order a Goodyear Eagle tomorrow. I'll never know until I try. Not meaning to start another debate here, I just tired of tires becoming a problem after so few miles, at least I have an option here.. :soapbox:

We do have to be careful about the car tire thing. Quite a few sidecar owners put a car tire on the back because the chair accelerates the tire wear as you can't ever get a perfect alignment with an offset 3 wheeler. The problem with a car tire is the shoulder. Even with a series 80 aspect ratio, there will be a pronounced 'edge' with the tire and you'll notice that edge as you lay the bike over in a corner. I considered mounting a car tire and then rounding the edge with a coarse wheel on the Metabo. The other problem is a car tire isn't designed for edge loads like you encounter on a bike. Good luck though. If you can deal with the car tire, let us know. Any less expensive alternative would be nice. I notice that Bart's tire is developing a flat spot in the middle. Wonder if that's from burnouts.:eek:

The tire Im looking at isn't really cheaper it's still $176.00 but I do expect to get more than 4000 miles out of it. I'm thinking that I'll tie a cement block to the left handle bar to keep it on the sidestand. :D:D

Back