Opinions on the AGV GT Veloce helmet

Robm422

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket iii roadster
i'm looking for a new helmet, something light and comfortable. The AGV GT Veloce seems to be my pick right now based off of the online reviews and such. Does anybody used one, and if so, what do you think about it?

I cannot speak for that particular model. But I have an AGV K4-Evo and am 100% happy with it. Comfortable, quiet and light with excellent venting at a surprisingly affordable price. Head shapes differ however, and shape makes all the difference in helmet fit and comfort. I'd buy AGV again if/when needed.

Looks to me like an awesome helmet.
Racetrack bred adjusted to upright riding and LIGHTweight!

I have an AGV Stealth. It's beautifully made, light and keeps wind noise down to a minmum. Air ventialtion good too plus it has a removable and washable lining. I'd certainly buy another.

I have an AGV Stealth. It's beautifully made, light and keeps wind noise down to a minmum. Air ventialtion good too plus it has a removable and washable lining. I'd certainly buy another.
I also had a Stealth. I chose AGV because after reading the original "Blowing the Lid Off" article, I decided I didn't want a Snell compliant helmet and the AGV had DOT and BSI ratings, but not Snell. It was also reasonably priced (compared to Shoei, Arai, etc), had nice features and looked pretty good. It performed well for the 5 years (probably kept it too long) that I had it. It was much higher quality than the HJC I had previously. My new Shoei is even better still, but not by much.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate going with AGV for my next lid. I really only got a Shoei this last time because my local retailers don't seem to stock very many AGV's anymore.

There's just so many choices, I need to try some on

Most definitely! If you're a 'shoei' head an Arai may not do. I prefer a laminate shell construction over polycarbonate. They're usually far lighter in weight and don't respond like a church bell if put to the test.

Most helmets I've had have been fine with the exception of a Shark. The wind noise was terrible and got underneath and made my eyes water. I took it back after a few miles and bought the AGV.

Back