One for the electrical gurus

Rather than Series, use a PARALLEL resistor between the high beam and ground - I'm guessing at value, but try 1K 1/4W; if that does not work try progressively smaller resistors - 470 ohms next still good at 1/4W; if you need to go smaller still, then you will need to increase the wattage accordingly.
Sounds like a plan! - I was thinking that dropping the voltage was the answer but maybe had it all wrong :rolleyes: I will check tomorrow :thumbsup:

I have just had a play with some resistors and still no luck. I went down to 117.5 Ohms (4 x 470 ohms resistors in parallel) and the light still stays on - and the 1/2 watt resistors were getting quite hot to the touch.
There has to be a better way :unsure:

Problem solved!
All the talk about resistors had got me going round in circles with no solution in sight - but the easy fix is to put a 10A diode in the main beam feed to each headlight. It is a 5 minute fix - just unplug the appropriate wire (red in my case) and insert the diode. It is more logical when you think about it and simply stops any power 'bleeding' back up the main beam feed and keeping the blue indicator light on.
In Line Diode.jpg

10A In-Line Diode Adaptor 50V Universal With 6.3Mm Spade Blade Durite 0-834-10

:):):)

Last edited:
Back