On the road again

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Well after a long journey to get all the bugs out of my 06 R3 , I believe that I am here at long last. Today I took it out and put a bit over 75 miles giving it a test run. Started out on local streets , then moved out , and after stopping back to pick up a helmet I hit I-40. Then I got a bit serious , until I came up on a black car with the words HIGHWAY PATROL. I was doing 110 mph. I did slow down. A month ago I could get up to 80 mph and it would stay there .
Wayne Tripp told me that I had some serious issued in the electrical system. He could not point at anything directly, but gave me a good solid direction to go. Because of some things I noticed in the harness I decided to change out the main harness. I am the 3rd owner , and there had been circuits added and subtracted. When I got it , the ignition switch was replaced with a toggle switch. There were running lights mounted on the radiator with no relay. After pulling the harness I found some plastic quick splices still attached , after the tag wire was removed.
Make a long story short , I installed the harness, and put the anti- tip switch upside down. That added to the fun when I could not get any spark. Tracking was a real lesson in patience. Knew it had to be something simple , and right in front of me. Yesterday I was back together enough to drive down the block and back.
All of this was after dropping the engine to replace the two bearings on the output shaft ( Balancer) . Replacing a warped rear rotor, and getting the front suspension beefed up.
To be honest I had no idea that this bike had as much guts as it does . Handles like a dream. The trucks on 40 kick it pretty good. I can now come up on one at 75 and with a twist pass at 90+ in a heart beat.
More than once I thought about parting it out. I love a challenge but this affair was growing old fast.
Well to all of those who gave advice and encouragement >>>THANKS

Russ Marooney
Marooney.org

I'm just glad ya got her running finally Russ,
I know it was a pain in the butt,
but it WAS so worth it wasn't it?
Glad you're happy.
now, put some miles on 'er,
an have fun, you've earned it.

Back