I hear you hanso, but given the fact that I'm not the original owner and with the bike now being so far out of warranty I'm thinking that probably won't be an option. I'm pretty sure at this point if I was to even try to get Triumph to pick up the tab I'd have to make it happen on my own. I have no clue as to who to contact here in the states?

Hey dude its worth a try there was a rash of head gaskets going and Triumph did step up to the plate they might still on yours. Have your deaker check into it if the have a good repor with Peter Carleo of cororate Triumph USA you might at least get some releif. Still 800 with the mounting and balancing of two tires does sound like a fair price.

Thanks warp. I called corporate and talked to a guy named Brian. I told him what was going on and about the rash of head gasket failures. He said he wasn't aware of the issue(right), but that didn't mean Triumph wouldn't cover some, or all of the repair. He took my info and said to have Brian at D&D to submit a warranty prior authorization and we will see what happens. I called Brian about it and let's just say the call didn't go well and after he explained everything to me I figure it's in my best interest to just to not pursue it. If there was another dealer in the area maybe it would be a different story, but I'm not to big on driving/riding somewhere north of Richmond, or maybe the next closest dealership is in Maryland I'm not sure. At this point I'm not willing to bite the hand that feeds me. I've always been treated fairly at D&D and would like to keep that relationship going.

My girl is home, back in the barn, and after 50 mile ride home as dry as a bone. On another note Avon Cobra tires awesome. Metzeler sucks. My new Avons are way better than the Metzeler tires that were on my bike when I bought it. Time will tell if I feel the same after I rack up some miles.

Just on the tyres mate. I ran Avons for a while and agree they are a vast improvement on the Metz. Still run it on the front. Only issue with the rear was that it gets a bit skittish in the wet (mostly in a straight line though), but now doubt you'll find that out yourself. Do yourself a favour and pop a Bridgestone Exedra Max on the back at least once to try. It has better grip and lasts a lot longer too. The higher profile contributes to the way it hangs on under hard acceleration, along with inherently better grip. They are the best of the three in the wet.

After two 60 minute rides and two 30 minute rides everything is still as dry as a bone. Looks like the shop nailed it. 815 mile trip this summer here we come.

I had the same problem on my 08 Classic a couple of years ago.(Oil on back of engine like the rear gasket had gone).I thought it was the head gasket but on close inspection the oil on the rear of the engine didn't come up that far. Took my bike to stealers where they told me yes ,engine out new gasket on rear of engine. WRONG! It was the oil seal on the rear diff unit that had gone,sounds crazy but true . Not sayin it's the same on yours just lettin ya know.Triumph came good and replaced under warranty.

I have an 07 with what seams to be two oil leaks one is coming down the back of the engine and the other is oil being pushed out the final drive. Any idea what this may cost as I just bought it and don't want to have to dump more money into it.

Does anyone know what it costs to have the head gasket replaced? I tore into mine last night and the oil trail ends there.

Does anyone know what it costs to have the head gasket replaced? I tore into mine last night and the oil trail ends there.
I had the oil leak from the rear of the engine.triumph said they would stand 50%of the cost which was 2000euro.what a joke.i bought a cartridge of sikaflex and smeared around the oil galley and it seems to have worked.may only be a short term fix but way better than spending a grand on such a small leak.

I have the same issue with the oil leak, someone suggested that I contact Triumph in Atlanta because Northern Ohio Ducati Triumph wont stand behind the bike I bought from them. Again no luck, they promised to call me back after talking to the dealer but never heard back.

Back