Oil Filters in Australia

What is the difference between motul 300v 10w/40 full syn and the 7100? I need to be educated ? A simple which one is best will do I don't care about cost I want the best oil not the cheapest.
The 7100 is for road bikes and has anti wear additves, it will give you a 10,000km (they say 16,000km but I think it is stretching it, I have done this once but was uncomfortable doing it) oil change, The 300v is for race track or track days where you are spending a lot of time in the hi revs it is mean't to have less drag (friction) so allows the motor to spin up quickly, but aparently (and this is what was told me by a Motul Rep) that it does not have as long a life additives as the 7100, so is meant for short hard blasts, I would go with the 7100 if you want to use the Motul

more info here for you read the more info section on each oil the 5100 inbetween is actually a semi syn Welcome to Motul

What is the difference between motul 300v 10w/40 full syn and the 7100? I need to be educated ? A simple which one is best will do I don't care about cost I want the best oil not the cheapest.

Mitch, from what I understand of the two Motul oils Hanso is about right. 300V is for very high performance high revving race type applications, in technical terms 300V is a group 5 fully syn with double the Esther.

Esther is a static lubricant for sticking to the engine parts.

7100 is a group 4 100% syn with a single blend of Esther.

From what I have read 7100 would be a good as you would need in a road bike engine.

Ok thanks Hanso and Jim the 7100 it is cheers:) ill be doing my servicing from hear on in the dealership isn't touching my machine .
My dealer only did the first oil change as I told them I didn't like any of the oils they stocked

Hanso beat me to it Mitch. We stock both where I work and I asked the rep about the difference, especially as the 300V is about $30/litre v $20/lite for the 7100. If I was using Motul the real choice is between the 5100 and 7100, the main difference being one is fully syn (7100) and the other semi syn (5100). Both would be fine to use, IMO and supported by the Motul rep. I got the impression from the rep that the only advantage in using the 7100 in a bike like the Rocket is that you will feel better about it. Cost difference for 6 litres is about $30; nothing really for piece of mind.

Hanso beat me to it Mitch. We stock both where I work and I asked the rep about the difference, especially as the 300V is about $30/litre v $20/lite for the 7100. If I was using Motul the real choice is between the 5100 and 7100, the main difference being one is fully syn (7100) and the other semi syn (5100). Both would be fine to use, IMO and supported by the Motul rep. I got the impression from the rep that the only advantage in using the 7100 in a bike like the Rocket is that you will feel better about it. Cost difference for 6 litres is about $30; nothing really for piece of mind.
there is more than how "you will feel better about it" I used to run 5100 in my Honda ST1100 having heard the same blurb but not happy at how the oil discoloured and broke down after 6,000 km then one day I thought I might try the 7100, the first thing I noticed was starting cold the bike turned over and fired up faster slightly better fuel economy and very much smoother gear changes also almost no discolouration after 10,000km, 5100 is only a semi/ syn and wont last as long between oil changes so the extra cost of the 7100 is made up for by the fact that you can leave it longer between oil changes, but I am only going by my experiences.
At end of day You have to be Happy with what you are running in it!!... how much do you love your fat bottomed girl.. i only put the best in to my "The Mistress" she is my baby second only to my Ann, only the best for both the ladies in my life

I tried. I really did try to get hold of the Castrol that Hanso recommended. I rang Supercheap Auto and was told they had plenty in the store, $77.50 for 4 litres. So off I go. When I get there they only have the 2T. :mad: Guy says "isn't it the same"?

"Sensing" my displeasure he makes a call to one of their other stores across town and yes, they have it. So off I go. Stupid f#cker got confused when he called and asked for the wrong stuff ie the same stuff he had. :mad::mad::mad:

I knew I should have called myself. Anyway, was just round the corner from Joes so I pop in and pick up some Motul 7100. Price is $89.90 for 4 litres. Boss gives me a discount - paid $120 for 8 litres :).

He doesn't pay a lot but he looks after you. Got my Avon fitted on the front last week for $175 too.

Back