Oil coming out of the crankcase breather

Warp keeping his mouth shut, now that will never happen
16165.jpeg

Just spoke to @Neville Lush - issue identified as wrong oil viscosity (too thin) and wrong breather filter Nev spotted this from the pics i posted - the Bloke in the tin shed knows his stuff - so simple.
Upon further investigation it appears who ever did the modification in Melbourne had taken the cam chain tensioner out to paint and the chain slipped a couple of teeth and bent the valves etc. This was fixed although the cylinders had become glazed as a result (spent 3 days trying to start it- constantly flooding with fuel) then the bike sat for three or so years before i got it and flooded the engine every time i tried to start it - this has over time damaged the oil rings (A little) adding a bit extra crank case pressure and hence the oil. This company also appears to have installed a dodgy breather filter that looks like an oil filter from a 125cc for stroke motor.
Any way hears some pics of the cylinders.
Thanks for you feedback
Snap_004.jpg
Snap_005.jpg
Snap_006.jpg
Snap_007.jpg
Snap_008.jpg
Snap_009.jpg
Snap_010.jpg
Hey Mittzy!

How did you fix the glazed bores? Thick oil and rode it hard or talcum bpowder in the inlet?

Just spoke to @Neville Lush - issue identified as wrong oil viscosity (too thin) and wrong breather filter Nev spotted this from the pics i posted - the Bloke in the tin shed knows his stuff - so simple.
Upon further investigation it appears who ever did the modification in Melbourne had taken the cam chain tensioner out to paint and the chain slipped a couple of teeth and bent the valves etc. This was fixed although the cylinders had become glazed as a result (spent 3 days trying to start it- constantly flooding with fuel) then the bike sat for three or so years before i got it and flooded the engine every time i tried to start it - this has over time damaged the oil rings (A little) adding a bit extra crank case pressure and hence the oil. This company also appears to have installed a dodgy breather filter that looks like an oil filter from a 125cc for stroke motor.
Any way hears some pics of the cylinders.
Thanks for you feedback
Snap_004.jpg
Snap_005.jpg
Snap_006.jpg
Snap_007.jpg
Snap_008.jpg
Snap_009.jpg
Snap_010.jpg
Hey Mittzy!

My boosted one has same issues, how did you fix glazing? Talcum in inlet while revving 2.5k or just good long ride after thick oil and correct breather?

Hey Mittzy!

My boosted one has same issues, how did you fix glazing? Talcum in inlet while revving 2.5k or just good long ride after thick oil and correct breather?
Turned out to be all good, Fouled Plugs causing starting issues and got a dyno tune. No longer own this bike.

Back