Oil coming out of the crankcase breather

11.9:1

20170402_133602.jpg

Like I said scope it and you will know. I wouldn't waste my time on any other test. No matter how many times you blow the oil out the results won't change. Sadly don't ask me how I know:(
What brand are they Scott?

feel for you... let us say so far it is not a ring nor a piston just some blow-by till the borescope is inserted between the ... and a look see tell the story

Just spoke to @Neville Lush - issue identified as wrong oil viscosity (too thin) and wrong breather filter Nev spotted this from the pics i posted - the Bloke in the tin shed knows his stuff - so simple.
Upon further investigation it appears who ever did the modification in Melbourne had taken the cam chain tensioner out to paint and the chain slipped a couple of teeth and bent the valves etc. This was fixed although the cylinders had become glazed as a result (spent 3 days trying to start it- constantly flooding with fuel) then the bike sat for three or so years before i got it and flooded the engine every time i tried to start it - this has over time damaged the oil rings (A little) adding a bit extra crank case pressure and hence the oil. This company also appears to have installed a dodgy breather filter that looks like an oil filter from a 125cc for stroke motor.
Any way hears some pics of the cylinders.
Thanks for you feedback
Snap_004.jpg
Snap_005.jpg
Snap_006.jpg
Snap_007.jpg
Snap_008.jpg
Snap_009.jpg
Snap_010.jpg

Just spoke to @Neville Lush - issue identified as wrong oil viscosity (too thin) and wrong breather filter Nev spotted this from the pics i posted - the Bloke in the tin shed knows his stuff - so simple.
Upon further investigation it appears who ever did the modification in Melbourne had taken the cam chain tensioner out to paint and the chain slipped a couple of teeth and bent the valves etc. This was fixed although the cylinders had become glazed as a result (spent 3 days trying to start it- constantly flooding with fuel) then the bike sat for three or so years before i got it and flooded the engine every time i tried to start it - this has over time damaged the oil rings (A little) adding a bit extra crank case pressure and hence the oil. This company also appears to have installed a dodgy breather filter that looks like an oil filter from a 125cc for stroke motor.
Any way hears some pics of the cylinders.
Thanks for you feedback
Snap_004.jpg
Snap_005.jpg
Snap_006.jpg
Snap_007.jpg
Snap_008.jpg
Snap_009.jpg
Snap_010.jpg
I've been following this thread with interest and have been hoping it was something left of centre.
Nice pics of the inside, what did you use?

have a good weekend mate!

Last edited:
Back