You might have to actually ride a stock motor forever.:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

If it has all the power they claim it does then why would you need more?;);)

Unlikely, since me reckons that advertised HP is at the crank, not the rear wheel.
. . . comments?

Unlikely, since me reckons that advertised HP is at the crank, not the rear wheel.
. . . comments?
I do not recall seeing any manufacturer claims of power to be at the wheel. Crank numbers make better advertising. Correct you are my young man.

I do not recall seeing any manufacturer claims of power to be at the wheel. Crank numbers make better advertising. Correct you are my young man.

What I reckoned. Guess that 180 would be around 160 RWHP, which many already have in their Rockets.

What I reckoned. Guess that 180 would be around 160 RWHP, which many already have in their Rockets.
I've heard that drive shafts cost 20% hp loss, which would be about 144 RWHP. Many R3 owners have more already. I'm curious to see what happens when it's actually on a dyno.
I do know that Carpenter is chomping at the bit to get his hands on one to see what he can get out of it.

Out of interest my dynojet guy said you add 15 percent to the rear wheel hp to get crank hp, so that makes the rwhp around 157-158. But in saying that, the tune will still be lean so as to meet the emission control laws if its the same as the current Rockets so it will need fiddling with to get the motor to run as the engineers who built it, intended it to run!...Clean air in...unrestricted flow out...nice hum!!...nice smooth power...nice crisp exhaust note! and a few more horses as a result no doubt.
I am SOOOO looking forward to the follow up Roadster assuming there is one coming!

Oh...and i have a cash buyer waiting to buy mine should i have too many rums and drop a deposit like my old m8 in Henryetta did!! It pays to not look at the photos of this new bike whilst drinking!!

but rather just thought it amusing that Triumph thought it had the technical ability to "lock" an ECU.
Triumph won't even bother. If the ECU is Keihin - then they will have done it. All that then matters is how liberal you are with access to unlock codes. Add hardware 2FA and a purge algorithm and the fat lady can sing all she likes.

. . . comments?
When i bought the X swore up and down would keep it stock. That didn't work out to well. Come on it is a 2500 cc motorcycle with same locked up horsepower as the present bikes. Am sure that in time a few keys will be made by the aftermarket company's to unlock the pony's. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Back