mexican

Living Legend
Ride
2015 Rocket X
Don't like them, thgey do not put out enough light, i have cheap lights on all my bikes, wondering if i can use the same harness, horns installed, waiting on harness
lights9.jpg
lights8.jpg
lights9.jpg

Lupe - the OEM fog light kit includes a relay. It sits under the L/H side cover.

The OEM fog lights are frankly RUBBISH. I would look for 20W LED lights. Fewer high power LEDS rather than more low power.
I have (as you know) spent hours on LEDS - What looks bright often means poorly managed light.
Basically what you have there is 6 little torches in one housing. You need @1olbull to take a proper light reading off them to really know.

I'm fussy - OK! - my FOGS are now JWSPEAKER 6150 units. No scatter, no glare - but white road in front.

The OEM btw can be improved using a blue-er light bulb. 6000K HID work well. It's to do the the light colour and glass's refraction.
You can also upgrade them to LED - but not with a LED "bulb".
@Grumpy Ole Codger has the OEM's I converted. Maybe he could send them to you if you ask nicely. I don't see him fitting them to his MV.

Excellent options all. If you replace existing, no need to have a different relay.

If you go with additional, and extra wiring and so on, I would add a dedicated relay.

Keep us posted.

Lupe. The standard OEM brackets are NOT very strong - ask @warp9.9 - If those are any heavier than the OEM ones - be forewarned.
Yes I've experienced vibration cracks in the OEM fog light brackets twice now. So I removed them. Might someday go with a LED lights but for now I borrowed the rainbow prism colored light buckets out of the falcon. They might not aid in my vision but they do stand out to other vehicles which it good for other vehicles to pay attention.

I wired my Clearwater auxiliary lights to the OEM auxiliary pigtail so they work through the left hand controls. The Clearwater have their own relay, so they draw power directly from the battery, but the relay is wired to the pigtail so the lights respond to the on/off switch and also the High/Low beam. I didn't use the power from the pigtail though as I was concerned the Clearwater LED lights current would overdrive the wiring. Thus still ran the primary power from the battery.

Back