OEM bars , bar end weight screw in thingo watchyamacallit ?

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Ok you know when you take your bar ends off and theres that threaded plug thing sitting in the end of the bars , well is that removeable ?

reason i ask is when i fit my new hand grips i'd also like to try and install anti bar buzz weights inside the bars to see if they work as well , thank you :)

Ok you know when you take your bar ends off and theres that threaded plug thing sitting in the end of the bars , well is that removeable ?

reason i ask is when i fit my new hand grips i'd also like to try and install anti bar buzz weights inside the bars to see if they work as well , thank you :)
Yes they come off. Problem is that the end of the bars has a welded in bung which is threaded. So getting anything inside is close to impossible.

Ahhh sorry for my vague description, it's the threaded bung that i wanted to remove , now i realize it's welded sort of fux that idea unless i hacksaw a certain ammount off, just gotta get my head around that 1st

I think it is spring loaded into the bar end and the lip as mentioned stops it coming out - so try turning the spring nut around so it can be pulled out of the end of the bar.
Just an idea - don't know if it will work.

@Wrecka the threaded internal bits are actually spot welded in, you need to look carefully and you will see the slight indentation also they have a small dimple which is not welded this is on both ends the right end you will notice actually sticks out about 20mm* (which means that end will be 20mm shorter) the welds and dimples need to be drilled out from memory it took about a 6mm drill, I removed mine when I fitted the "Heat Demon" internal bar heater and my ISO grips with bar end weights, if you are going to remove them I can send you a 20mm piece of a Bent handle bar which I used myself, either yourself or a competent welder can weld it on (it needs to lined up perfectly so it does not cause friction in the throttle sleeve) you then just need to use a dremel or die grinder inside the bar to bring the weld flush inside and out

*the 20 mm was from memory and if wanted I will send a piece a bit longer then you can trim back so each end is equal length to other

@Wrecka the threaded internal bits are actually spot welded in, you need to look carefully and you will see the slight indentation also they have a small dimple which is not welded this is on both ends the right end you will notice actually sticks out about 20mm* (which means that end will be 20mm shorter) the welds and dimples need to be drilled out from memory it took about a 6mm drill, I removed mine when I fitted the "Heat Demon" internal bar heater and my ISO grips with bar end weights, if you are going to remove them I can send you a 20mm piece of a Bent handle bar which I used myself, either yourself or a competent welder can weld it on (it needs to lined up perfectly so it does not cause friction in the throttle sleeve) you then just need to use a dremel or die grinder inside the bar to bring the weld flush inside and out

*the 20 mm was from memory and if wanted I will send a piece a bit longer then you can trim back so each end is equal length to other
Wow mate lots of work and i appreciate the work around , i'll have a look on Sunday if i get time and measure up the internal vibration cancelers i bought , they may not even be the right size. Is there a definate need to weld a piece of bar on ? if they end up slighly shorter each side i can live with it.

Shouldn't the bar ends, that bolt onto the Iso-grip, extend the whole assembly out to stock width anyway? Assuming one goes with Iso-grips and heat demons.

I was thinking of shortening the bars by 25mm on each side and fitting a 25mm (home made) riser to get a slightly more comfortable riding position.
Am I right in thinking there is more involved than just cutting the bar with a hacksaw?

Back