@Claviger So a question not really addressed is how the AT 200 module improves or not the PCV's capability. I sort of thought your earlier reply referring to PCV included its coupling with the AT200 rather than just on its own. Please clarify for us numbskulls.

The PC-V alone, would be fine if paired with a Dyno. The PC-V table adjusts fueling in, and to tell if it's the right amount you'd rely on the O2 sensor the Dyno has built in. This will make a table that's tailored to your bike.

If you then add in the AT200, the PC-V can get it's own feedback on how accurate the fuel table is, and make it's own corrections. It won't be as good as the expensive sensors that are used on Dynos, but it will be fairly close.

Basically the O2 sensor is how the dyno operator or the PC-V if it has an AT 200 gets feedback on fueling changes.

An example (using arbitrary numbers):

Say your base tune in the ECU says to open the injector for 4 milliseconds. Now the PC-V table says to add 25%, so the PC-V tells the injector to open for 5 milliseconds. Now you need to know how that changed the fuel mixture coming out the exhaust, so you can use the AT200 or the dyno's O2 sensor to measure it. The reason a Dyno tune is always better if done right... the human brain, it's better at detecting patterns than computers, which is where tuning as an Art instead of a Science comes in.

Keep in mind there are a ton of other factors besides just fuel tables and O2 feedback, acceleration enrichment, ignition timing, delay between O2 reading and RPM point, rate of attack of the timing system, etc etc.

What frustrates me about the Rocket ECU is that you can't even see, let alone change, many of the very crucial variables. Simply changing the injector opening (the number of milliseconds it takes for the injector to open when voltage is applied, it's a NON-trivial number when cruising/idle) time makes a world of difference when tuning a built motor.

If you want to learn more, the single best way is school lol, after that, buy a EFI go-kart and a megasquirt and get to work, the amount of information in the Megasquirt website rivals that of many college level courses :) I've been using standalones/piggybacks since 2004, so 13 years now, my first ever project was a NA motor I converted to Turbo and threw 21 PSI at as my daily, lasted 55,000 miles and eventually died due to shattered ring lands using JE pistons after getting swill gas racing up the Cajon Pass.

Back