O2 sensor using autotune

@hoopla @barbagris that's the correct procedure to zero the Autotune's recommended trims table alright,,,
but it is the "Fuel" table you need to zero in this case, if you want to start with trimming the ECU map fuelling to become closer to the Autotune's Target AFR table values.
The Autotune will change the values in the Autotune Trim table itself. No harm in doing both though

This table has the target AFRs that Autotune will work towards, by intercepting & altering the signal from ECU to injectors, while watching what AFR its O2 sensor sees;
Once you have a good target AFR table for power/economy, in whatever shared capacity you want, you can leave it alone.
upload_2019-5-16_21-20-13.png

This is the table of trims that Autotune is recommending to you, to get closer to the AFR target in the table above.
If you accept these trims, they will be added to the "Fuel" table far below
upload_2019-5-16_21-26-21.png

You can zero it as you've posted above
upload_2019-5-16_21-27-5.png

Aaaand this is the Fuel table - these are the trims that you must zero in this case.
They must be zeroed manually though, you can just click and drag over all cells, and press 0 on keyboard. Just like Excel for example
So that the Autotune can do its thing without having to overwrite what trims you think are necessary (if you didn't have Autotune, just the PCV, you would manually input these values yourself)

upload_2019-5-16_21-27-44.png
Sorry to get into this so late but been busy and got behind on my forum reading. Help me out. I thought I had figured out the tuneecu and PCV thing a enough to make a plan. That was after exhaust and intake changes, put in a map that should be very close to matching my setup. This included opening secondary butterflies etc. then fine tuning, put on a PCV and take it to a dyno. After reading this post I’m not sure if that’s the correct way to go about it. Seems the more I read about tuning, the more questions I have lol. Sometimes I miss carbs. . Any input would be appreciated. I’ve got the parts and gonna do the changes shortly. Thanks in advance

Sorry to get into this so late but been busy and got behind on my forum reading. Help me out. I thought I had figured out the tuneecu and PCV thing a enough to make a plan. That was after exhaust and intake changes, put in a map that should be very close to matching my setup. This included opening secondary butterflies etc. then fine tuning, put on a PCV and take it to a dyno. After reading this post I’m not sure if that’s the correct way to go about it. Seems the more I read about tuning, the more questions I have lol. Sometimes I miss carbs. . Any input would be appreciated. I’ve got the parts and gonna do the changes shortly. Thanks in advance

Your approach is spot on.

Only thing you need to do is zero the trims tables in the PCV map, like the guys said, and make sure the values in the PCV's AFR table are pretty good, this will allow the bike to self-tune as you accept the trims it recommends after riding

This will keep you pretty good until you can get to a dyno.

Your approach is spot on.

Only thing you need to do is zero the trims tables in the PCV map, like the guys said, and make sure the values in the PCV's AFR table are pretty good, this will allow the bike to self-tune as you accept the trims it recommends after riding

This will keep you pretty good until you can get to a dyno.
Thanks for the reply. I feel a little more confident now lol

Any input would be appreciated. I’ve got the parts and gonna do the changes shortly. Thanks in advance
You want to start out with a new tune as close as possible to your set up. load it into your ecu, after firstly saving your current tune. you should do a 12 min tune, and adaptation reset.

install the pcv and auto tune. there are 2 maps, 1 resides in the pcv and the other is the target afr map. in all probability, the map in the pcv is incorrect for your set up. so what you do is, erase the map in the pcv putting in all zeros.

when you run the bike, the auto will adjust things to achieve your target map taking into account firstly the map in the ecu. after going for a test run, review the corrections and send them to the pcv map. you are now building your own pcv map. repeat trying to get info in as many cells as possible, again save to the pcv map. that's it, once your autotuned, you should do a dyno to verify your afr's. if you get to a dyno, you can do things that you couldn't do on the road safely, those results can also be saved in the pcv map.

you can also tune each gear indepently, just a lot more maps.

hope this helps

hoopla

You want to start out with a new tune as close as possible to your set up. load it into your ecu, after firstly saving your current tune. you should do a 12 min tune, and adaptation reset.

install the pcv and auto tune. there are 2 maps, 1 resides in the pcv and the other is the target afr map. in all probability, the map in the pcv is incorrect for your set up. so what you do is, erase the map in the pcv putting in all zeros.

when you run the bike, the auto will adjust things to achieve your target map taking into account firstly the map in the ecu. after going for a test run, review the corrections and send them to the pcv map. you are now building your own pcv map. repeat trying to get info in as many cells as possible, again save to the pcv map. that's it, once your autotuned, you should do a dyno to verify your afr's. if you get to a dyno, you can do things that you couldn't do on the road safely, those results can also be saved in the pcv map.

you can also tune each gear indepently, just a lot more maps.

hope this helps

hoopla
Thank you

Ok so I have the tune ecu and will be getting the PC but what's autotune
another add on, it tunes tour pcv map, inline with your target afr which you set in the autotune, uses the map in your ecu as a baseline

Back