O2 sensor using autotune

What if they invented a mechanism that would control the gas mixture at sea level and at 10,000 feet.
oh yea they have it is called a map/barometer and an oxygen sensor.:thumbsup:
just a question would anybody put a huge carb on there car and then just take out the fine adjustments screws?

PCV target AFR is the Autotune AFR table. In the AutoTune TRIM TABLES - set them all to zero. Don't touch the AFR tables.
Like this
Clear All Trims clears all the Auto Tune trim values out of the trim table(s).
Select Map Tools Auto Tune Tables Clear All Trims.

iirc = if I recall correctly. - I don't have ready access to the PCV software as I seldom use windows (in fact only use it for the R3 software) so I cant pop in and take a look. Hoping Arto is about to help - he is a bit of a PCV wizard.

@hoopla @barbagris that's the correct procedure to zero the Autotune's recommended trims table alright,,,
but it is the "Fuel" table you need to zero in this case, if you want to start with trimming the ECU map fuelling to become closer to the Autotune's Target AFR table values.
The Autotune will change the values in the Autotune Trim table itself. No harm in doing both though

This table has the target AFRs that Autotune will work towards, by intercepting & altering the signal from ECU to injectors, while watching what AFR its O2 sensor sees;
Once you have a good target AFR table for power/economy, in whatever shared capacity you want, you can leave it alone.
upload_2019-5-16_21-20-13.png

This is the table of trims that Autotune is recommending to you, to get closer to the AFR target in the table above.
If you accept these trims, they will be added to the "Fuel" table far below
upload_2019-5-16_21-26-21.png

You can zero it as you've posted above
upload_2019-5-16_21-27-5.png

Aaaand this is the Fuel table - these are the trims that you must zero in this case.
They must be zeroed manually though, you can just click and drag over all cells, and press 0 on keyboard. Just like Excel for example
So that the Autotune can do its thing without having to overwrite what trims you think are necessary (if you didn't have Autotune, just the PCV, you would manually input these values yourself)

upload_2019-5-16_21-27-44.png

Aaaand this is the Fuel table - these are the trims that you must zero in this case.
They must be zeroed manually though, you can just click and drag over all cells, and press 0 on keyboard. Just like Excel for example
So that the Autotune can do its thing without having to overwrite what trims you think are necessary

OK thanks for all of that, I'm reasonably sure of what to do now.
So how did you get those nice small TPS increments? In comparison mine are rather course.

Thanks for taking the time to explain to me the working of PCV. I'm amazed that dyno tech doesn't list options when you get the unit. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know half of what I know.

Thanks again,

Hoopla(Bob)

Back