3,000 drivers caught using mobiles in first week

Problem could be solved tomorrow by legislating the phones to use their GPS to block all incoming and outgoing calls or text at any speed over say, 10MPH. Only outgoing 911 calls allowed.

But that won't happen because society is a bunch of crybabies who fail to realize we got by just fine without cell phones literally since the beginning of time.
Makes it difficult for passengers.

Yes, people will complain it can make it difficult for passengers to do something mankind got by just fine without doing since the beginning of time.
Weighed against the injuries and deaths of innocent people.

Not just car passengers, but also train, bus and coach passengers. Why should the government take away my freedom to innocently use my phone, iPad, tablet, or computer? Punish the perpetrator, not the innocent!

And pedestrians who bump into me on the footpath/sidewalk because they are staring innocently at their whatevers.....jail them all, I say!

Not just car passengers, but also train, bus and coach passengers. Why should the government take away my freedom to innocently use my phone, iPad, tablet, or computer? Punish the perpetrator, not the innocent!

Just spit ballin' here, but regarding the train, perhaps the GPS can tell if you're on a surface street or the train track?
As far as buses, trains, etc., go, maybe they can be equipped with a device making them a hot spot or whatever the hell they're called, so the devices still work? Might even get some people out of their cars and onto public transportation.
Just so less is lost in translation, I'm just thinking out loud here, not trying to push an agenda.

Problem could be solved tomorrow by legislating the phones to use their GPS to block all incoming and outgoing calls or text at any speed over say, 10MPH. Only outgoing 911 calls allowed.

But that won't happen because society is a bunch of crybabies who fail to realize we got by just fine without cell phones literally since the beginning of time.
The problem with this is there is no need to block the phone of a passenger.:(

Oops I posted on the other page and saw this has been pointed out. The solution is drivers should use intelligence and not use a phone.:laugh::laugh::laugh::banghead:

How about an Ad campaign like they did for smoking. Show pics of the dead and maimed as a result of texting while driving. I knew a person that lost her only son to TWD with her! Can you imagine the guilt? She eventually died of a broken heart. It is not worth it. To take the eyes off the road to look at a screen... is not worth it.

The phone on the ear is manageable it's just this vice of having to check their communicator screen that seems to be the big problem. What in this world can be so important?!:eek: This stuff is worse than cocaine or cigarettes or alcohol. The addiction to the communicator is profound. It is a pathology, a neurosis. It overrides all common sense in many people.

So be careful while on the roads. If you are a vehicle operator, refrain from using your communicator. Teach your children to do so, just like you teach them gun safety rules and procedures to avoid killing or getting killed and calling it an accident.

Back