Now it's gushing oil

That all makes perfect sense. :confused:
Thought you'd come on here seeking help. My mistake, sorry.
Knock yourself out bro. :banghead:
No seriously mate im trying to minimise the amount of damage im known to cause ,by under tightening the bolts :) I just dont fully trust the accuracy of the Torque Wrench i bought and i definitely dont trust my overactive usage of muscle power to get the job done .

I was quite suprised how much 10nm is with the torque wrench , i wasnt game to take them up to 10 so i did them all up to 7.5 , will retighten after ive put another 1000 klm on her.
How much or how little? Firm with a short socket driver will be pretty close.

Wrecka experience is that the time will come when your bike will need work you (and I and most of the others) are not capable of carrying out. Were it me I'd be sussing out ways to get my bike to repairer you are confident in. Like I said Brissy has two specific bike carriers and with a bit of a shove sure Triumph would cover any transport costs .

Wrecka experience is that the time will come when your bike will need work you (and I and most of the others) are not capable of carrying out. Were it me I'd be sussing out ways to get my bike to repairer you are confident in. Like I said Brissy has two specific bike carriers and with a bit of a shove sure Triumph would cover any transport costs .
Um but its fixed...........

Fair enough.
Outside of the initial frustration felt during the learning process here ( 2 failed attempts ) I did get a good buzz/feeling yesterday after my test ride when a realised not only had I saved some coin by doing it myself but I had actually learnt/accomplished somthing , failure for me would of been to give in and take it to a shop without trying to do it myself :)

Outside of the initial frustration felt during the learning process here ( 2 failed attempts ) I did get a good buzz/feeling yesterday after my test ride when a realised not only had I saved some coin by doing it myself but I had actually learnt/accomplished somthing , failure for me would of been to give in and take it to a shop without trying to do it myself :)

Was only trying to share my experiences mate.... and failure to me would be trying to do a job I knew I was unskilled to undertake and f#cking something up good and proper.

Was only trying to share my experiences mate.... and failure to me would be trying to do a job I knew I was unskilled to undertake and f#cking something up good and proper.

Me thinks we have some old bull - young bull at work here. :roll: :roll:

Me thinks we have some old bull - young bull at work here. :roll: :roll:
Not at all i totally understand the point TC is making , im not a tight ass and if i had the spare coin id prefer to have the bike in the shop for all maintinence

Back