If you take it to the dealer for warranty repair, make sure to ask them to check the cam cover gasket surface for trueness. If they just slap on a new gasket, chances are you'll be having the same problem again in 4-5k miles.

Here's my story, one of the many: Cam cover warped?

Two suggestions:
1) Easy fix you can do yourself.
2) Put your location and year/model motor under your avatar. :D

Quick update. I now have about 300 miles on this silicone sealant pictured below after letting it cure for a couple days. So far not a drop coming out. Hopefully I can get this to hold until its time to do the valves.

20160624_133209.jpg 20160624_133127.jpg

Rocker cover gasket remove clean and order a new gasket or use the old one with some flex casket to seal it, good luck.
As you are in Alaska I wonder if the -50 temp had any thing to do with it?
I am the Rocket owner in Alaska and oddly enough had a leaky valve cover gasket earlier this spring...it was toward the rear and looked as if the heat from the header pipe kind of baked a chunk of it off. it was a cheap enough repair so had the shop do it and so far after 3k its looking good. I never ride when its -50, minus 40 is my cutoff (LOL) My best girl stays in the garage all winter...I tried taking her upstairs to the bedroom but every time i try to ride it up the stairs i fall down and go boom so she has to stay in the garage. -D

I have not seen or read a post from any other Rocket rider from Alaska...I have seen on the road up here maybe one or two other Rockets....I dream of someday riding in OZ where apparently they grow on bushes.

Back