Welcome from Tucson as well. That's the first I've heard of a dyno based engine break-in. Got any more details on that? What did they charge to do that? How many miles did it put on the bike?
It cost $330, and they gave me the dyno map afterwards. I'm not sure how many miles it put on, but the bike only had 95 miles on the odometer when I rode away. Not sure if they somehow disconnected the odometer, or if it just didn't take that many miles to do it.

It cost $330, and they gave me the dyno map afterwards. I'm not sure how many miles it put on, but the bike only had 95 miles on the odometer when I rode away. Not sure if they somehow disconnected the odometer, or if it just didn't take that many miles to do it.
That sounds a little fishy to me. I was thinking how much of a pain it would have been to sit on a dyno for 500 miles; that would take over 8 hours at 60 MPH. 95 miles does not sound like the proper distance most owner's manuals say for a break-in.

How many miles did it have when you bought it?

Hi all, newbie in Phoenix, AZ and just got my Rocket 3R last week. This is also my first Triumph.
I'm in the process of installing a tail tidy and some CompWerkes slip-ons. Instead of the typical break-in I had the dealer do it via Dyno. Also added the wind screen from the GT. My other current ride is a Ducati Monster 1200, but I'll likely be selling that one now that I have the Rocket.
Stoked to join this community . . . Cheers!
-Shane
Welcome from another Arizonian, I had a great time breaking the GT in while riding it. Additionally it gave me time to adjust to the bike as well before doing stupid stuff on it, lol.

GoAZ in Scottsdale. I also went to Phoenix Triumph, but GoAZ had a better price on a 2020 (their last one, I think).
Good evening Cactusprick,
I just bought my 2020 R3 with 13-miles, at GoAZ in Peoria on Bell. Good experience. I couldn’t pass on the deal...
$3800 off.
I ordered a helmet, same day. When it came in, it was delivered to my home.

Attachments

• A7635F76-060E-470F-9834-FEAB53128688.jpeg
    A7635F76-060E-470F-9834-FEAB53128688.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 6
Back