No Triumph demo rides in KC for 2007

I have noticed that Triumph has cut back each year the number of events they bring the demo truck to. I would imagine liability reasons.

The HD dealer had a guy killed last year on a factory demo ride. The ride was led by several "road captains" from the dealership also.

They always go to Baxter's for their August rally... Even if they can't make it due to conflicts Randy does it anyway with his own bikes. It is a very popular event.

Demo rides aplenty

I just rode by the Triumph "pavilion" in Daytona. It's just inside the main entrance to the Daytona Airport just across from the mall. They have every bike they make and plenty of them so, if you want a demo, Daytona is the place. Lots of clouds today but, almost 80 degrees and the long range for next week looks pretty good.

Demo Truck Driver.......me??

Personally, I'd like to drive the 'Demo Truck'. I looked it over last year at the defunct dealer in Toledo. It has a big kitty with a 13 double over, double bunk and all the goodies. Probably has a 3.70 full screw on air. I'd imagine she'll do at least 102 in double over.

Normally, any driver who handles the truck never sleeps in it. That's what they make hotels for. Of course the driver must help set up the displays....that would be fine with me.

Years ago, the guy I worked for handled all the big forklifts for the crews that set up machinery expo's. I never slept in the truck, Always at the Holiday Inn. Interestingly, trade centers like Javitz in New York City and McCormick Place in Chicago have accommodations on site for crews and support personnel. That includes lodging as well as commissary and even a laundry. Javitz was the best. The nightlife in NYC is unbelievable.:D 3am in the morning on Broadway in NYC is like rush hour in Chicago.

I just rode by the Triumph "pavilion" in Daytona. It's just inside the main entrance to the Daytona Airport just across from the mall. They have every bike they make and plenty of them so, if you want a demo, Daytona is the place. Lots of clouds today but, almost 80 degrees and the long range for next week looks pretty good.

Still recovering from our long winter, Daytona sounds mighty nice. I bet you had a great time...:)

Bike Show

Two weekends ago a large bike show was held in our local Expo Center, you know the type, enough leather vendors to send all the cows in Virginia into a panic and one long HD chopper after another. Russell Mitchel from Exile Cycles, and a number of the biker build off shows was the main draw. I can just sense how jealous all of you guys must be that I saw him in person, but I will try to hold up under the pressure. The one thing that I did notice was that every known current brand had new models on display except Triumph. Even Victory was there. I know there are not many Triumph dealerships in my state, but I still feel that if Triumph wants a bigger piece of the pie they have to take a hint from HD about advertising. It was interesting to note that on the day of the show, it was a high of 17 degrees, not alot of bikes in the parking lot, but every HD rider was in his leathers complete with all of the pin flair, like they just put the kick stand down. I also found by checking the Triumph site that only one Va. dealership is taking part in the Bike Week at Home celebration on the weekend of March 10th. It is the one where I bought my bikes so I may ride down for a free British hot dog. Any of you guys get anything from your local dealers?

Two weekends ago a large bike show was held in our local Expo Center, you know the type, enough leather vendors to send all the cows in Virginia into a panic and one long HD chopper after another. Russell Mitchel from Exile Cycles, and a number of the biker build off shows was the main draw. I can just sense how jealous all of you guys must be that I saw him in person, but I will try to hold up under the pressure. The one thing that I did notice was that every known current brand had new models on display except Triumph. Even Victory was there. I know there are not many Triumph dealerships in my state, but I still feel that if Triumph wants a bigger piece of the pie they have to take a hint from HD about advertising. It was interesting to note that on the day of the show, it was a high of 17 degrees, not alot of bikes in the parking lot, but every HD rider was in his leathers complete with all of the pin flair, like they just put the kick stand down. I also found by checking the Triumph site that only one Va. dealership is taking part in the Bike Week at Home celebration on the weekend of March 10th. It is the one where I bought my bikes so I may ride down for a free British hot dog. Any of you guys get anything from your local dealers?

If that's colonial heights, and it's warm enough, I may ride there. There's one @ clinton cycles the weekend after I believe.

Back